Do you have a Love me Wall?

Started by James Shaw, March 08, 2008, 03:52:54 PM

Do you have a love me wall or room in your home?

Yes I have a love me wall.
35 (48.6%)
No I do not have a love me wall.
37 (51.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 08, 2008, 07:02:16 PM
Quote from: bosshawk on March 08, 2008, 06:52:06 PM
......not even my retirement medal from CIA. 

Is it true that no one really retires from the CIA?   ;)

He could tell you, but he'd have to kill you.
Another former CAP officer

Short Field

I use to have some of the more difficult to achieve training certificates and diplomas hanging from my wall.  Also my USMC and USAF enlisted discharge certficates.  After I retired, it all went into a trunk except for one rack of ribbons that will be put on my Class A blouse when I am buried in it.

Now, the only military or CAP related items on my walls are a couple of ACSC "Gathering of Eagles" signed lithographs and one framed "master print" for a unit T-Shirt.

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

DrJbdm

I have a few CAP related certificates IE: Commanders Commendation, Yeager Award and some other CAP stuff.

Plus I have my State Peace Officer License and Police Instructor License as well as my College degree and my Doctorate on the wall. 

Thats all at home, my office is a crown vic most of the time and a police jetski during the summer...kinda hard to put framed certificates and diploma's there!

Stonewall

To me, "I Love Me Walls" are something you put together after you retire.  Not saying that it's bad to have one, but it just seems like a way to tell a story of your past, not so much the present.  I have a big book with every single certificate dating back to my first encampment in 1987 through the army, air force, past jobs all the way up to my last certificate from this past drill weekend for attending the Air Force Supervisors Safety Course.
Serving since 1987.

ColonelJack

Quote from: Stonewall on March 11, 2008, 02:41:59 AM
To me, "I Love Me Walls" are something you put together after you retire.  Not saying that it's bad to have one, but it just seems like a way to tell a story of your past, not so much the present.

So mine applies! Yay for me!   ;D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Stonewall on March 11, 2008, 02:41:59 AM
To me, "I Love Me Walls" are something you put together after you retire.  Not saying that it's bad to have one, but it just seems like a way to tell a story of your past, not so much the present.

I would so lose everything before I had a chance to put it on the wall if I followed that plan...

teesquared

My wall is divided; one end is "Love Me" stuff, the other is airplane pictures.
;D
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147

DC

Mine is pretty basic, my Wright Brothers, my FLWG Cadet Honor Society induction certificate and letter, several squadron certificates and plaques (Squadron Cadet of the Year, Cadet of the Quarter, Cadet Staff Member of the Year, etc), my First Responder certificate. Also some school stuff, FCAT awards, Honor Roll, stuff like that. Not on a wall, but I have a box full of my old rank insignia, old ribbon racks, shoulder cords, patches and stuff.

I should be able to make a pretty cool shadow box when I leave the Cadet Program.

Dragoon

I used to have one, but took it down.  Decided to focus on what I'm doing now rather than what I did in the past.  Just a different philosophy.

ColonelJack

Quote from: Dragoon on March 17, 2008, 08:01:14 PM
I used to have one, but took it down.  Decided to focus on what I'm doing now rather than what I did in the past.  Just a different philosophy.

Good philosophy ... that's why I have more room on the wall!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

mikeylikey

^ You guys just don't knock the entire wall down?  Guess we all have our various ways......
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 17, 2008, 09:22:47 PM
^ You guys just don't knock the entire wall down?  Guess we all have our various ways......

likey...not EVERYONE can have field artillery like you, for knocking down things.

Chappie

My "Love Me" wall is in my office at home and has only the "important" certificates/awards hanging  -- Appointment as CAP Chaplain; Exceptional Service; Meritorious Service (1 certificate behind the one displayed); Commanders Commendation (7 behind the one displayed); Gill Robb Wilson Award; Yeager Award; NSC "diploma"; NSC Certificate of Appreciation for serving on staff (1 behind the one displayed); plaques: National Senior Chaplain of the Year, Region Senior Chaplain of the Year, Region Squadron Chaplain of the Year, and Wing Chaplain of the Year.  As with other CAP members, I have learned that CAP hands out lots of certificates...have those filed away because if I were to hang them up I could probably wall paper 3 houses  :D
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

CadetProgramGuy

I started my "ILM" wall.  Got through abotu 3 years of CAP, with certificates from CAP, FEMA, HLSEM, ect....I started a Binder instead.  4 inch ring binder contains pictures of myself doing various CAP missions, other volunteer missions, all certificates, ect.....

Now my wife is happy.....