Main Menu

Squadron Hat

Started by captrncap, February 08, 2008, 07:06:26 PM

captrncap

I am looking for a vendor to produce our squadron hat. The last vendor was awful. The hat color ran and shrunk when washed.

The hat specifications - baseball hat (navy) with an embroider squadron number (white).

Looking for a balance in quality and price.

BigMojo

Where are you located? I have a great vendor here in South Florida if you are interested.

Sunshine Sportswear
Todd Richards
954-568-1984
todd@sunshinesportswear.com
www.sunshinesportswear.com

I haven't used them for hats for CAP, but have and do for my day job (over 500 pcs a year) and have yet to be disappointed in anything embroidered from them.
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

RogueLeader

Just as a warning, it is hypothesized that the ball caps may be disallowed with the ACU's.  It may happen, it may not.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

LtCol White

If you live near a base, in the mall area of most exchanges, they have the embroidery shops that have everything u want in colors and quality.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

mikeylikey

Most sporting goods stores have the ability to heat transfer what you want onto anything!
What's up monkeys?

mynetdude

Quote from: mikeylikey on February 09, 2008, 03:34:13 AM
Most sporting goods stores have the ability to heat transfer what you want onto anything!

heat transfers are a good idea, though they are bad after washing/drying or even if you don't wash/dry but they go through the elements the vinyl or whatever they use cracks and peels... doesn't hold up the same kind of quality like embroidery work does.

It depends what you want it for? Encampment? Sure heat transfers are cheap/better for this because its only going to be used that year if it has say 2007 on it... who is going to wear the same 2007 encampment hat at the next year's encampment? You might wear it to pre-encampment activities such as staff selection and such but it is just a memorabillia to keep :)

I would go embroidered for those squadron hats with your charter number or squadron name for routine/regular wear.

mikeylikey

^ I personally like felt Numbers or Letters on the ball caps.  Looks super-cool, and feel good!   8)
What's up monkeys?

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

jb512

^ Gross.  With a velvet hat, I'm sure...

;)

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

jb512

^ With or without the feather?

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

jb512

Dig it...

We are so getting this thing locked...

mikeylikey

LOCK   Whats that??

Oh ya.....hats, my wing makes me wear an Orange one.  I would gladly trade that for a pink one.  Anyone else wear colors other than orange or BDU??
What's up monkeys?

CASH172

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 09, 2008, 03:24:37 AM
Just as a warning, it is hypothesized that the ball caps may be disallowed with the ACU's.  It may happen, it may not.

The USAF has banned never authorized unit-specific caps with the ABU. 

Hawk200

Quote from: CASH172 on February 09, 2008, 09:15:59 PM

The USAF has banned unit-specific caps with the ABU. 

No, they have not. They were not been authorized for wear with the ABU in the first place. That may change. AF people like their bling, too.

Even with BDU's, the unit caps were not permitted when deployed, and some bases didn't allow them to be worn when TDY.

Avery

Sporty's Pilot Shop is a good source, but I don't know if they do large quantities. (sportys.com)
Avery Loucks Maj, CAP
In transistion to Washington, DC area

captrncap

Quote from: Hawk200 on February 09, 2008, 09:28:43 PM
Quote from: CASH172 on February 09, 2008, 09:15:59 PM

The USAF has banned unit-specific caps with the ABU. 

No, they have not. They were not been authorized for wear with the ABU in the first place. That may change. AF people like their bling, too.

Even with BDU's, the unit caps were not permitted when deployed, and some bases didn't allow them to be worn when TDY.

Please not another uniform thread -- not the purpose of this post...

I think it has been well covered in the 1,500,000 other uniform threads on this board

Thank you to the ones who responded with vendors --- that's really appreciated.

mikeylikey

^ Where do the rest of the Squadrons in your Wing get them done at?  Is this colored hat a Wing Requirement or is your SQD trying to be different?
What's up monkeys?

mynetdude

Our squadron has its own hats, not required though (not by wing or the SQD) so its optional and sometimes I wear it with my BDUs or in civvies. Most of the time I wear it with my civvies though or other distinctive uniforms other than the corporate dress uniform or the AF style class A/B