Odd Uniform Accessories

Started by CASH172, January 29, 2008, 05:10:44 AM

CASH172

I found this site with some quite interesting Civil Air Patrol products.  Now before someone accuses me of getting them sent a C&D letter, please take a look. 

They sell BDU CAP tapes and nametapes with velcro backing.  They also sell 3-line nameplates that say "U.S. Civil Air Patrol."  Their leather name patch is pretty pricey so I don't feel bad in letting the world see this. 

http://www.militarynames.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=7

SarDragon

If it's so kool, and there's a possibility for adverse happenings, why not offer it up via PM.

Mods?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CadetProgramGuy

The little black van of fun......

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

CASH172

Quote from: SarDragon on January 29, 2008, 07:42:42 AM
If it's so kool, and there's a possibility for adverse happenings, why not offer it up via PM.

Mods?

Cause their prices were so high that I felt it was disjustice to have CAP members buy from there. 

IceNine

The only thing I might throw down on would be the grey nameplate with magnetic back.

Anyone????  PM me if you know of a source please

Sorry for the hijack
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: IceNine on January 30, 2008, 04:29:24 AM
The only thing I might throw down on would be the grey nameplate with magnetic back.

Sorry for the hijack

One day eBay (in conjunction with Google, Facebook, and AIM) will cure cancer for now it gives you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-New-Magnetic-Name-Tags-Lot-of-Name-Badges-Fasteners_W0QQitemZ190191313661QQcmdZViewItem
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

mikeylikey

Quote from: IceNine on January 30, 2008, 04:29:24 AM

Sorry for the hijack

Make your own for $0.89  Go to RadioShack open up one of their parts bins and pull out the magnetic attachment kit.  Just be careful, on your way out they may try to sell you a $300.00 Cell Phone!   >:D
What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

I just orderd some of those from the eBay link above. Works out to a buck a piece, with shipping. We'll see how good they are.

I did notice, on a different tag that I already have, that it will shift around a little, so they might not be the best thing for a some uniform items.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

teesquared

I have a set of Ultra-Thin ribbons with magnetic fasteners, and they do tend to shift. Frustrating. I think I'll go back to the pins.
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147