CAP/CC Letter 28 Jan 08

Started by SJFedor, January 28, 2008, 06:06:19 PM

SJFedor

A new uniform letter came out today from CAP/CC, outlining ALL the changes that TP has made, and giving further guidance on what is changing from his changes.

http://level2.cap.gov/documents/2008_01_25_Uniforms.pdf

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

MIKE

[darn]... Now I have to update the links in my sticky again.
Mike Johnston

Hawk200

Kinda nice to have it all in one letter now. Will make it easier for the info board at my unit.

For now, got to buy new command patches. At least it's a fairly inexpensive change.

FW

Don't buy any new patches until after the NB meeting.  They may change things again.

brasda91

I think this has been discussed before, but in regards to the CAP cutout, do the C/AB leave both collars "clean" until promotion to C/Amn?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Hawk200

Quote from: brasda91 on January 28, 2008, 07:49:16 PM
I think this has been discussed before, but in regards to the CAP cutout, do the C/AB leave both collars "clean" until promotion to C/Amn?

I think someone asked Knowledgebase on that issue, and the response was that AB's wear the cutouts. Don't remember where exactly that was, but perusing Knowledgebase might dig up the answer.

brasda91

Quote from: Hawk200 on January 28, 2008, 07:56:16 PM
Quote from: brasda91 on January 28, 2008, 07:49:16 PM

I think someone asked Knowledgebase on that issue, and the response was that AB's wear the cutouts. Don't remember where exactly that was, but perusing Knowledgebase might dig up the answer.

Yeah, I just talked to Suzie at National and she said C/AB DO wear the cutouts on both collars.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

cnitas

Still no word on Berets/Ranger Bling...   >:D
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

scooter

So, that blue flight suit still costs around $250. Not exactly keeping the cost down!

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Hawk200

Quote from: SarDragon on January 28, 2008, 09:43:14 PM
Nomex ain't cheap.  :o

True, but it could be cheaper than $250. $150 would be nice, $175 is far more reasonable. There's a few places you can get a flightsuit in just about any color for that.

FW

Quote from: cnitas on January 28, 2008, 09:16:09 PM
Still no word on Berets/Ranger Bling...   >:D

They're saving the good stuff for last.   8)

RiverAux

Note that there is no mention of the VSAF uniform, so it isn't official yet. 

pixelwonk

It's a pilot program barely on the embryo end of its infancy.  I think it's reasonable to guess that they aren't likely to publish the VSAF uniform in a Reg or ICL until it's proved to be a relatively stable program that's been opened up at other bases.

RiverAux

While they can certainly set up the guts of the program however they want, I don't see how "pilot" status gets them around the uniform regulation especially when you consider how anal they and the AF are when it comes to denying insurance benefits over uniform issues. 

pixelwonk

Gets "who" around the uniform regulation?  Top CAP leadership or USAF? 

After reading your post a few times, all I gather from it is that the uniform should have come before all else.
Never mind the fact that the program is new and only in a test phase right now.
Never mind the fact that it is being developed by the highest levels of CAP leadership and USAF.
Never mind the probability that there is a lot that you or I don't know yet.

Go tell USAF they should have minded CAP regs before being a developer in this project.  Better yet, go ask them to put it on hold while you iron this whole uniform issue out.  Be sure to let us know how that turns out.  :D

Do you really believe that someone in need of insurance bennies in the event of an accident, wearing the uniform that they were directed for VSAF, is gonna be SOL because it hasn't been put into an ICL, much less a grossly outdated uniform manual?

BillB

One possibility that the VSAF uniform is not listed in the CC letter, it may be an USAF uniform for VSAF, thus not covered by CAP regulations.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

mikeylikey

Quote from: BillB on January 29, 2008, 01:48:58 AM
One possibility that the VSAF uniform is not listed in the CC letter, it may be an USAF uniform for VSAF, thus not covered by CAP regulations.

We have a winner here!  I was thinking the same thing today, and after discussing it with others, we came to the same conclusion.  I can see the AF and CAP saying "come to the VSAF meeting in khaki's and we will give you a new shirt.
What's up monkeys?

RiverAux

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in pointing out that this shirt is not currently authorized by regulation.  It would take all of about 10 minutes for the National Commander to write an interim change letter authorizing this uniform for this specific activity.  Its not a big deal to do right. 

jimmydeanno

Sometimes you guys are ridiculous...

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill