Main Menu

Wing membership dues

Started by darkmatter, January 26, 2018, 01:19:41 AM

darkmatter

So I know national have membership dues of like around $35 for seniors. My question is can wings piggy back off of those dues and so "A wing" charge it's members $5? Or are wings not allowed to mandate fees to their members?

SarDragon

The membership dues check you write every year includes the national dues, and additional amounts for the region and wing you are in.

Here's a link to the current dues structure: http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/membership_dues.cfm

To calculate the specific figure for your wing, subtract the region figure from the wing figure. Ex: CAWG dues are $79, and PCR dues are $53; that makes the CAWG-specific dues $26. Subtracting $35 from the PCR dues gives the PCR-specific figure of $18.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

darkmatter

Thanks short of helped I looked and I see my wing has dues but every time I renew my membership I've never paid more than  $53 which if I add my wing and region is way more than $53. Still an interesting chart

SarDragon

$53 is everything added together. $53 minus $35 (NHQ) equals wing plus region. I'm guessing DEWG, since they are the only wing in the chart with dues of $53. That's in MER. MER dues are $52 for someone assigned there. $52 minus $35 leaves $17 for the region portion of that bill. That means DEWG is only charging $1 per member per year. Such a deal.

$35 NHQ dues
$17 Region dues
$1 DEWG dues
$53 the check you write

It seems convoluted at first, but that's how it breaks down.

The chart denotes what a member assigned to eachof the specific wings/regions/other categories will pay for the current year's dues.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

Actually, thats not precisely how its calculated. I'm not entirely sure what each region's & wing's dues are, but they are not easily discerned from looking at that chart and calculating based on the region amount.

Example: Dues for members assigned to NER HQ are $53. $18 more than National dues.

One might then assume that the amount per member region gets is $18. But its not.

Because my wing's dues are $44. Only $9 more than National dues.

I ain't too good at the maths, but that doesn't work.

:)

Using the case of NER and NH, region dues might actually be $4 per member*, and my wing dues might be $5* ($9 over National dues)

So for a member assigned to region HQ, they may indeed get $4 for the "region dues" amount and then an additional $14, like a wing does.

* Note: I don't know what the actual region and wing amounts are, I just picked numbers that added up to $9. It could be $5 & $4. I don't exactly know.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

darkmatter

Thanks for the examples that Help to see how the math works, and small side note sardragon im not a member of Delaware.