Come on, guys, this isn't hard.

Started by NIN, January 15, 2018, 07:41:46 PM

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

vorteks

Except for the fact that it almost always is  >:D >:D

NIN

Quote from: vorteks on January 15, 2018, 07:49:43 PM

Except for formal events, visits to your state capitol, etc.

Plus, you know, CAPM 39-1.

I get that its a good "first uniform," but its not the "minimum uniform"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

OldGuy

In the last 4 weeks I have worn the "corporate" uniform once, blues twice and ABUs once. Tonight I start the new year with the same cycle. Cheers!

vorteks

Quote from: NIN on January 15, 2018, 08:01:49 PM
Quote from: vorteks on January 15, 2018, 07:49:43 PM

Plus, you know, CAPM 39-1.

I get that its a good "first uniform," but its not the "minimum uniform"

You're correct of course

vorteks

Quote from: Cicero on January 15, 2018, 08:04:56 PM
In the last 4 weeks I have worn the "corporate" uniform once, blues twice and ABUs once. Tonight I start the new year with the same cycle. Cheers!

There are many "corporate" uniforms. At least one for every occasion. So what you said doesn't really narrow it down much.

darkmatter

Quote from: vorteks on January 15, 2018, 08:07:59 PM
Quote from: Cicero on January 15, 2018, 08:04:56 PM

There are many "corporate" uniforms. At least one for every occasion. So what you said doesn't really narrow it down much.

In a way it does make the corporate uniform the only one "I" need just depends on which corporate I need on that day

etodd

I leave those things for folks like you. I'm just a worker bee hanging out at the hive when I'm not flying. I leave the pomp and circumstance to others. I could get my little jobs done just fine in a tie dyed t-shirt, shorts and flip flops, while stepping on pop tops, before cruising back home.

Almost 2 1/2 years now. I've been to various SAREXs, various types of missions, competitions, events, etc. etc. acting as MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO, and never been required to wear anything other than the polo. Its all I know. Has the CAP logo and the MP wings on it embroidered from the factory, so I don't have to worry about all those pins and velcro patches.  Makes it easy to jump and run.   To each his own. This is just me. :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

stillamarine

Quote from: etodd on January 15, 2018, 08:59:01 PM

I leave those things for folks like you. I'm just a worker bee hanging out at the hive when I'm not flying. I leave the pomp and circumstance to others. I could get my little jobs done just fine in a tie dyed t-shirt, shorts and flip flops, while stepping on pop tops, before cruising back home.

Almost 2 1/2 years now. I've been to various SAREXs, various types of missions, competitions, events, etc. etc. acting as MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO, and never been required to wear anything other than the polo. Its all I know. Has the CAP logo and the MP wings on it embroidered from the factory, so I don't have to worry about all those pins and velcro patches.  Makes it easy to jump and run.   To each his own. This is just me. :)

Doesn't change the fact that it does not meet the minimum required uniform per regulations. Plus there are PD events in your wing that requires more than the polo uniform.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

etodd

Quote from: stillamarine on January 15, 2018, 10:34:52 PM

Doesn't change the fact that it does not meet the minimum required uniform per regulations.

I have  it. Still in the plastic. Not sure after 2 1/2 years it fits, but yes, I have followed the regs.

Plus there are PD events in your wing that requires more than the polo uniform.

Haven't needed it in 2 1/2 years. Every event I've 'wanted' to attend I've been able to attend. I don't do the rubber chicken galas. I leave those things for folks like you.

stillamarine

Quote from: etodd on January 15, 2018, 11:13:06 PM

Doesn't change the fact that it does not meet the minimum required uniform per regulations.

I have  it. Still in the plastic. Not sure after 2 1/2 years it fits, but yes, I have followed the regs.

Haven't needed it in 2 1/2 years. Every event I've 'wanted' to attend I've been able to attend. I don't do the rubber chicken galas. I leave those things for folks like you.

Just depends. UCC, SLS, CLC, ICS 300/400 are all courses I've seen in the last couple years that have mandated no polos.

USMC AD 1996-2001
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

OldGuy

Quote from: stillamarine on January 15, 2018, 11:49:10 PM
Quote from: etodd on January 15, 2018, 11:13:06 PM

Just depends. UCC, SLS, CLC, ICS 300/400 are all courses I've seen in the last couple years that have mandated no polos.

UCC and SLS here allowed the polo - in fact a number of instructors wore same. So did I.

darkmatter

CLC also allows the polo and in extremely weird cases regular everyday clothes for those that take the online CLC and i know from personal experience the ICS300 and 400 i wore civilian cloths because that's what the emergence management instructor allowed us to wear.

stillamarine

I'm talking about his specific Wing. Nobody else's.

USMC AD 1996-2001
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

CAP9907

Quote from: NIN on January 15, 2018, 07:41:46 PM

That is all...

For me, 97% of the time the polo IS the only uniform that I need. For most all else, the aviator shirt or civilian business casual is allowed. I send my regrets for the 0.05% of events where any more than that is required.
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

Holding Pattern

I made the mistake of buying the polo. Now it has become the most common uniform for me.

PA Guy

Oh no, not this again. It always turns into a chest thumping contest between those that love to thumb their nose and those that take it as a sacred task to change their minds. Grow up!

etodd

Quote from: PA Guy on January 16, 2018, 05:06:26 AM
Oh no, not this again. It always turns into a chest thumping contest between those that love to thumb their nose and those that take it as a sacred task to change their minds. Grow up!

I'm a polo guy, but I don't "thumb my nose".  I always wear whats allowed ... and so far the polo has been allowed for everything I do.

I'm within regs. Plain and simple. Case closed.

So for those who hate the polo that much ... the ball is in their court to try and get the rules changed. Until such time ... why put up such a fuss? I'm within regs.

etodd

OK. I'll throw this personal info out there. I was never in the military. My grandfather was, uncles, and my father was. My father (passed away years ago) had half his back blown off in Korea by a mortar shell and I have his Purple Heart.

I'm not worthy of wearing anything that looks like a real military uniform. I don't feel right about it. I'm a civilian who has a tremendous respect for our soldiers. I'm not worthy. Its a very personal thing, and I don't expect anyone to understand it. Just the way it is 'for me'.

As long as regulations at events I attend say polo is OK ... then thats my choice.

CAP9907

Agreed, I wear the polo when appropriate and when authorized.... which is the vast majority of my CAP experience. If people do not like it, petition National to make us buy another uniform option. Until then, carry-on.

Quote from: etodd on January 16, 2018, 06:08:31 AM
Quote from: PA Guy on January 16, 2018, 05:06:26 AM

I'm a polo guy, but I don't "thumb my nose".  I always wear whats allowed ... and so far the polo has been allowed for everything I do.

I'm within regs. Plain and simple. Case closed.

So for those who hate the polo that much ... the ball is in their court to try and get the rules changed. Until such time ... why put up such a fuss? I'm within regs.
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0