Main Menu

Newsletters

Started by RiverAux, December 02, 2017, 12:59:19 PM

RiverAux

Are any squadrons, groups, or wings still publishing newsletters and posting them on their web sites?  Besides a few coming out of national staff, about the only one I am aware of is Southwest Region. 

dwb

VAWG publishes a monthly Stan/Eval newsletter that is distributed via email. It has value for the target audience (IMO). MER/CC publishes a monthly commanders commentary which is like a newsletter. It's useful for keeping tabs on all the great things happening in the region.

Those are the two that I know of. I think the squadron newsletter has gone the way of the dinosaur, but for higher echelons having periodic communications to summarize the constant stream of updates is helpful.

Brad

SCWG and recently my current squadron distribute newsletters regularly via email.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Eclipse

Again, the advice regarding analytics applies here.  You may well be disappointed / surprised
to see how many people aren't reading them.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Most folks are so accustomed now to 'scrolling' quickly down social media 'walls', primarily looking for a photo that grabs attention and reading the text with that one ... that someone taking the time to open a newsletter and reading 'articles' is rare. Your Constant Contact email stats may show it as "opened", but unless there is a photo or two that really grabs their attention, opened doesn't equal "read" by a long shot.

At one time many of my commercial website clients used newsletters, but in the last few years we have ditched them all for social media "push technologies".

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

WingDude

South Dakota Wing publishes a monthly newsletter, the "Skychaser", that is distributed by email to its members (and to anyone else in CAP who might like a copy). We also publish specialized versions of the newsletter for the ROTC/JROTC units in the state, for local and community newspapers in the state, and to about 500 elected/appointed state officials. Each Skychaser is posted on the public access page of our website (www.sdcap.us) for anyone to read. We also post a digital copy of our magazine, the South Dakota Wing Roundup, to the public assess page of our website. Just click on the Public Affairs tab and select from the ones listed.

OldGuy

Quote from: WingDude on December 03, 2017, 09:53:39 PM
South Dakota Wing publishes a monthly newsletter, the "Skychaser", that is distributed by email to its members (and to anyone else in CAP who might like a copy). We also publish specialized versions of the newsletter for the ROTC/JROTC units in the state, for local and community newspapers in the state, and to about 500 elected/appointed state officials. Each Skychaser is posted on the public access page of our website (www.sdcap.us) for anyone to read. We also post a digital copy of our magazine, the South Dakota Wing Roundup, to the public assess page of our website. Just click on the Public Affairs tab and select from the ones listed.
Do you do analytics?