NCSA patch questions

Started by FNelson, November 27, 2017, 07:23:40 PM

FNelson

I am hoping to attend at least one NCSA this summer and I had some questions about how the NCSA patches should be worn. I know the patch are worn on the BDU/ABU blouse on the pockets. The questions I have are how exactly the patches are worn and how many patches can be worn on a single uniform at a time.
C/2d Lt. Forest Nelson
Santa Fe Composite Squadron "Flying Tigers"
"A legacy of Honor"

RMW14

Here is the BDU/BBDU Wear instructions with the Attachment list being found in 39-1 ( I was going to post it but it would be easier to head over to the manual and look them up)

68 CAPM 39-1 26 JUNE 2014

5.1.1.3.3. Right Sleeve. One full color, special activity patch as authorized by Attachment 4 may be sewn to the coat on the right sleeve 1⁄2 inch below the shoulder seam and centered.

When the sleeve is creased during pressing, the patch edge shall be positioned along the forward facing side of the sleeve crease; patches shall not be folded over the top of a crease.

5.1.1.3.4. Left Breast Pocket. One full color patch as authorized by Attachment 4 may be sewn to the shirt centered on the lower left portion of the left breast pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket of BDU shirt.

5.1.1.3.5. Right Breast Pocket. One full color patch as authorized by Attachment 4 sewn to the shirt centered on the lower portion of the right breast pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket of BDU shirt.

And here are the ABU Wear Instructions:

Left Breast Pocket. One full color patch authorized in Attachment 8-1 through 8-4, with the exception of the Emergency Services patches, Honor Guard Shield (attachment 8-4) and Ranger tabs, may be sewn to the shirt centered on the lower portion of the left breast pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket of ABU shirt. One Service Badge shown in Attachment A6-1, may be worn in this position with the exception of the National Staff Badge which is worn on the right pocket.

Right Breast Pocket. One full color patch authorized in Attachment 8-1 through 8-3, with the exception of the Emergency Services patches and Ranger tabs, the Model Rocketry Patch, may be sewn to the shirt centered on the lower portion of the right breast pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket of ABU shirt.
The Unit/Organizational Patch and the National Staff Badge shown in attachment A6-1 are also
authorized to be worn in this position.

Personally, if I was able to wear more than one NCSA patch, I would pick my favorite and just wear that one.
Ryan Weir Capt
Emergency Services Officer Jesse Jones Composite Squadron 304
Expert Ranger #274
NASAR SARTECH 1 Lead Evaluator/ WEMT
CD PAWG Central
AOBD,GBD,GTL, GTM1, UDF, MO, MS, MRO, AP

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: RMW14 on November 27, 2017, 08:17:37 PM
Personally, if I was able to wear more than one NCSA patch, I would pick my favorite and just wear that one.

From a standpoint of being on the observation end (rather than the patch receiving end), I would recommend this. Don't "Boy Scout" up your uniform with every patch from every activity. Pick your top one and go with that.

Personally, I'm not a big patch guy to begin with. I don't wear ribbons or patches with my uniforms aside from the basic badges and insignia items. That's just me.

Don't worry too much about where the patch goes just yet anyway. You don't have it yet  :P