Administration Officer Training Question

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, May 01, 2017, 06:37:24 PM

West MI-CAP-Ret

It looks like I can see the "finish line".  I have one challenge that I'm clueless about.  I've searched in vain for a regulation that can instruct the Admin Officer in the following action:

Coordinate unit responses to scheduled inspections, CI, SI or SUI.

The MI-703 has complied with this function from our last SUI.  The Administration Officer was not tasked to assist. 

Explain to the OJT supervisor or commander how this function interacts with the same function at higher and lower echelons. Explain how you have complied.

I have ZERO idea where to find this information, especially since I was not involved with coordinating responses to our last scheduled SUI, on 22 Mar 2017.  Can someone either explain (I'd rather read it) how an Admin Officer would comply with this.  (Meaning, I need to know how to do explain this action (too much to wish that this particular requirement for Senior Rating could be waived?)   :)

Dave

[fixed formatting]
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

FyreDragn

I'm not sure if you re-read your post, but your post is unreadable..
Deputy Commander
Information Technology Officer - Master
Professional Development Officer - Technician
Middle GA Senior Squadron

DJ Light Chop

I would say to go and look through your units last SUI and find the discrepancies.  Then talk to your OTJ about what steps you would take to work on correcting them from the standpoint of what an admin would do in that case.  More of a display of what steps you should take since you weren't involved in the last SUI.  Just a way of showing competency in the manner.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

I fixed the formatting so it's readable now.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

The other thing...who is your "OJT Supervisor?"

Because that person should be able to answer all these questions quicker then us.

"That Others May Zoom"

Laplace

Capt D'Arcy,

This was answered in one of your other threads on this same topic:

"I think the requirement is to prepare administrative responses to CI, SI or SUI questions.  This is not talking about responding to discrepancies.  The Admin Officer should be answering the SUI worksheet and furnishing any deliverables that are required or necessary to explain the response. 

The Specialty Track Guide Senior rating requirement does not say it has to be submitted in conjunction with a real world inspection, or submitted at all for inspection. If that was the case, unit/group Admin Officers would only a chance to fulfill this task once every 2 years?   

The submission of the proper SUI responses to the OJT supervisor will fulfill the requirement.
"

As Eclipse indicated, you need to get with your OJT Supervisor

West MI-CAP-Ret

Thank you for your help.  As a member of group, one has not been assigned, but after last weekend's MI Wg's Conference, our deputy commander (who I shared a motel room with) introduced me to his squadron's admin officer (now group's personnel officer), who promised to help me (we have a group meeting this Wednesday).

Again, thanks a bunch.

Warmly, Dave
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)