Main Menu

ABU right sleeve

Started by Arc light, April 16, 2017, 05:59:13 PM

Arc light

Are we allowed to wear NCSA patches on our right sleeve, or the model rocketry patch I know we could on our bdu's and in http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/CAP_Transition_to_ABUs_06DC64FB17483.pdf
, it does not mention the right sleeve, so are we supposed to leave it blank?

Abby.L

That would be a fair interpretation.

A lot of people don't actually realize how different the ABU refs are from the BDU regs on a lot of those "Minor" details.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: Arc light on April 16, 2017, 05:59:13 PM
Are we allowed to wear NCSA patches on our right sleeve, or the model rocketry patch I know we could on our bdu's and in http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/CAP_Transition_to_ABUs_06DC64FB17483.pdf
, it does not mention the right sleeve, so are we supposed to leave it blank?

I'd make sure you're quoting from the most up to date version of the ABU wear instructions until the new 39-1 comes out.

http://capnhq.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1220/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDkyMzY1OTM3L3NpZC83cGp0UGZnbg==/filename/UPDATED+ABU+wear+instructions+%2824+October+2016%29.pdf

Any subsequent wear instructions release will have the date of release on the top. As it still doesn't list anything you are able to attach to the right sleeve, you should leave it blank.

Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

Arc light

Does any one think that eventually we will be able to wear things in the right sleeve

jeders

Quote from: Arc light on April 17, 2017, 02:32:01 PM
Does any one think that eventually we will be able to wear things in the right sleeve

I hope not.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Shieldel

I'm with Jeders. I also hope Blue Berets will go away and all that "other" stuff from HMRS...enough with events making up their own book in my opinion. If it's not in 39-1, we don't need it. Enough with schools/events making up their own stuff.

Between seniors and cadets we have enough uniforms as it is, we don't need schools or events making up their own items or whole new uniforms (sans the flight academies, civilian attire and such).
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

Chappie

Quote from: jeders on April 17, 2017, 02:56:08 PM
Quote from: Arc light on April 17, 2017, 02:32:01 PM

I hope not.

^^^^ I'm with him

On another note....lots of voices clamoring in the past..."Why can't we get ABUs....when are we going to get ABUs....We want to look similar to the USAF ....."  Now that we got our "wishes" voices are clamoring "Why can't we deck out our new ABUs like we did on the ABUs????"   Not going to engage in this dialogue other than to say "Read the CAPM 39-1"....it's all there what you can and what you can't wear.   Glad that I am not on the Uniform Committee.... just sayin'
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)