Main Menu

Specialty Track

Started by Devil Doc, April 11, 2017, 05:34:56 PM

kwe1009

Quote from: Devil Doc on April 13, 2017, 07:28:57 PM
Quote from: Anthony@CAP on April 13, 2017, 03:40:27 PM
Eclipse, thanks for clarifying (I may have mis-read the original note on it). Those are definitely an issue, and they don't have a similar grandfather clause.

I'm doing what I can within my squadron to prevent those "2 minute drills" next year. We just went though everyone's records and gave them all a cheat sheet on what they need for their next PD level and promotion (which was ridiculously time consuming since their isn't a single report you can run). Somewhat to my surprise a number of members are now on track to finish up by this summer.

If you don't mind, since my PD is just as confused, can you tell me what to look for to see If I am under the old PD System, im sure Eclipse is correct about me having to be Lvl IV for Major.

Don't worry about the old PD system.  You need to have Level IV to be considered for Major.  Since you are currently at Level II you need the following to get Level III and IV:

Level III:
-Missing Corporate Learning Course (CLC)
-Missing Specialty Track Senior Rating
-Attend two National, Region, or Wing conferences (One may be a Wing/Region Aerospace Education conference).

Level IV:
-Missing Region Staff College (RSC)
-Missing Specialty Track Master Rating
-No Duty Assignment or Duty Assignment does not total 1 year (365 days/Total Time)
-Leadership Duty should be supplied for this level: Serve as a Director or Staff member of a CAP Course, Educational Activity, or National, Region, or Wing conference.
-Activity should be supplied for this level: Public presentation to a non-CAP group or an internal or external AE presentation.

Devil Doc

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.