cadet training

Started by flygilz, September 21, 2011, 01:10:59 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: flygilz on September 30, 2011, 02:39:14 AM
so this is more of a personal question but are u for or against it?

An irrelevant question.  To entertain the discussion can imply there is, or may be, an option.

"That Others May Zoom"

flygilz

a very irrelevnt question indeed but with much meaning.

Eclipse

ir·rel·e·vant   [ih-rel-uh-vuhnt] 
adjective
1. not relevant; not applicable or pertinent: His lectures often stray to interesting but irrelevant subjects.
2. Law . (of evidence) having no probative value upon any issue in the case.

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

Quote from: Eclipse on September 30, 2011, 02:46:21 AM
Quote from: flygilz on September 30, 2011, 02:39:14 AM
so this is more of a personal question but are u for or against it?

An irrelevant question.  To entertain the discussion can imply there is, or may be, an option.

Exactly this. Thank you, Eclipse, saved me the trouble of typing that.

Now, flygilz- I don't care what you say it's for, pushups are not (and were not at my JROTC units) given for discipline, training, or any other reason than it was a PT day.

I have managed to succeed in CAP without EVER having given a cadet pushups. Already been a C/CC of one unit, and looking at my second command soon. My cadets understand that drill, ceremonies, customs, and courtesies do matter and have to be followed, and that I will join in with ES as much as I know how.

In CAP, you must keep them interested. Announcing that all cadets must take the drill time seriously in order to search for a practice ELT will elicit more enthusiasm than, "Hey you, drop until I'm tired!"

Largely, it is the responsibility of the Cadet Staff to make the cadet side of the unit work well- which you are not on, correct?
And no, I don't think it's the Senior Members job- they make sure things happen properly and safely- cadet staff should be doing heavy lifting.

flygilz

oh why thank you. but anyway, thank you all for your answers and i appreciate the refferences and counter arguements. had lots of fun and learned alot of the cap regs and policies and how most people in cap are thinking nowadays.

Extremepredjudice

Against. It scuffs my boots!   >:(

Gotta look good. 8)
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"