Drill

Started by Skydude61, May 19, 2011, 10:36:27 PM

Skydude61

Hey everyone...

For those who struggle with drill, I suggest the youtube channel "afrotcdet88"
They explain the moves, and you can see whatever they do, not just what CAP provides you in the spiral notebook (HATE IT!!!(almost as much as the triangle-thingy) actually lost mine, while i am the Cadet in charge of Drill :o)
Just a heads up.

AngelWings

I've been subscribed to them for a long while now. :P

Skydude61

Quote from: Littleguy on May 19, 2011, 10:46:35 PM

Nice.. your opinion on them?

AngelWings

Quote from: Skydude61 on May 19, 2011, 10:48:35 PM
Quote from: Littleguy on May 19, 2011, 10:46:35 PM

Nice.. your opinion on them?
Awesome. They have the most in depth instruction videos for USAF compliant (AFMAN-36-2203) drill instructions. They cover everything a cadet will and should know.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

AngelWings

thatonekid

Good stuff, thanks.
C/MSgt Collins

MIKE

Mike Johnston

HGjunkie

At my unit for those who struggle with drill, I give them a live performance of said drill move.  8)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

Quote from: HGjunkie on May 20, 2011, 12:01:56 AM
At my unit for those who struggle with drill, I give them a live performance of said drill move. 

As the "don't"?

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Skydude61 on May 19, 2011, 10:36:27 PM
Hey everyone...

For those who struggle with drill, I suggest the youtube channel "afrotcdet88"
They explain the moves, and you can see whatever they do, not just what CAP provides you in the spiral notebook (HATE IT!!!(almost as much as the triangle-thingy) actually lost mine, while i am the Cadet in charge of Drill :o )
Just a heads up.

You do have a copy of the drill manual don't you?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Skydude61

the manual, yes, but not the little spiral.

JC004

That is a very good thing to post.  When I got a bunch a DVDs some years ago from DoD, I got a couple that were AF drill and I dreamed up doing videos like this, stealing that idea from the AF DVDs since they weren't complete enough to cover all the drill a cadet would need.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the equipment to do this but I think that the units did end up getting those DVDs after that (I was conspiring with NHQ on different DVDs that could have been useful).

This is a lot better than the DVDs.  I wish we would have done it first so it could have been CAP to do it.   :( 

Now I'm starting to wonder about whether any of the other DVDs would still be useful.  Maybe I can get them out and see about that.  The problem we ran into was that some contain copyrighted material by contractors and NHQ said they'd have to go through CAP-USAF and AU to get permissions.  I kinda gave up on this project after e-Learning was shut down because PAWG didn't like it.  Maybe it's something I can put in motion that would be easier and faster than the ES resources stuff that I work on when I have time.  hmmmmmm...  Good resource and maybe some useful inspiration for me to get back to that...

coudano

I have the equipment to do some really cool production, and these are great ideas.
now i dont have time

(when i had the time i didn't have access to the equipment ha!)

oh well

JC004

I do have HD video capability now, as of just a couple months ago.  Maybe if I can ever get a serious effort on getting all my ES stuff updated, then out to the masses, I can play with video stuff after.  There are plenty of things that would make good video training for CAP like a how-to on different gear. 

Skydude61

Here's an idea, get your squadron to create the videos for the instruction of newer cadets (only using the moves and directions we know and can do well). let me know what you all think, as I may propose it to my CC for consideration.

Ron1319

What's a little spiral thing?
Ronald Thompson, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander, Squadron 85, Placerville, CA
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319

HGjunkie

Quote from: Ron1319 on May 24, 2011, 10:45:56 PM
What's a little spiral thing?

One of those new fancy-shmancy black magik drill pocket guides for new cadets.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

sneakers

I don't like those. Just stick with AFM 36-2203.

Skydude61

Quote from: pilot2b on May 25, 2011, 12:13:51 AM
I don't like those. Just stick with AFM 36-2203.
I as well