How many CAC reps have there been?

Started by Eagle400, May 08, 2010, 12:55:31 AM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: CCSE on May 09, 2010, 06:23:35 AM
Quote from: bte on May 09, 2010, 02:28:36 AMIf you get your answer, what are you going to do with the information?

Make it meaningful, useful, and purposeful for others and myself. 

(Not sure how else to answer).

HOW will you make it meaningful, useful, and purposeful for others and yourself?

mynetdude

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on May 09, 2010, 06:44:41 AM
Quote from: CCSE on May 09, 2010, 06:23:35 AM
Quote from: bte on May 09, 2010, 02:28:36 AMIf you get your answer, what are you going to do with the information?

Make it meaningful, useful, and purposeful for others and myself. 

(Not sure how else to answer).

HOW will you make it meaningful, useful, and purposeful for others and yourself?

I understand the CAC itself might be useful in some wings but CAC statistics doesn't seem useful as far as I can tell.

I have never been a CAC nor a cadet so I can't comment much on CAC because I do not want to be some SM making baseless comments about CAC as someone mentioned here have said some SMs do.

SarDragon

Backtracking a bit, i don't recall that CAC was in place in 1964. I'd say more like '66 - '68. I had my own car by the time I was rep, and don't recall driving to the meetings (an hour away) in the snow, so my tenure wasn't until '67 at the earliest. My "CAC-ness" is not documented in my olde cadet record, so the dates are only a SWAG.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eagle400

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on May 09, 2010, 06:44:41 AMHOW will you make it meaningful, useful, and purposeful for others and yourself?

Gather data, apply due diligent research, and ask lots of questions. 

Perhaps I should have gone straight to National? 

JC004

Quote from: CCSE on May 14, 2010, 06:31:39 PM
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on May 09, 2010, 06:44:41 AMHOW will you make it meaningful, useful, and purposeful for others and yourself?

Gather data, apply due diligent research, and ask lots of questions. 

Perhaps I should have gone straight to National?

No.  National does not have this.  We said this already.  They could MAYBE tell you about NCAC.  If you are lucky.

BillB

dave
The first CAC Regulation was written in 1957. But the CAC was discontinued in 1960. The regulation was rewritten in 1963 and the CAC has been in existance since then in one form or another. The '63 Reg called for the CAC to be elected by cadets, not appointed as in the current 52-16. It provided a cadet chain of command to higher headquarters, something useful when there are unsolved problems at Squadron of Group level. The CAC was very effective in getting bad Commanders replaced after higher headquarters learnt of the problems and investigated.
Since the CAC has been in existance over 45 years, I doubt a complete listing could be made. Most CAC records are tossed out after five years.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104