What are your "Personal Goals" for CAP?

Started by CadetProgramGuy, September 12, 2009, 06:32:44 AM

Gunner C

• Squadron Command
  • Group Command
  • Wing Command (Not sure I still want to do that)
  • IC
  • Master Observer
  • Level V
  • Lt Colonel
  • ARCHER Operator
  • Predator Guy
  • Design a new PD training program for CAP
  • Master ES
  • (Like Jack) Have fun!

My actual "bucket list" is full of other stuff that have eternal consequences for me and my family.

flynd94

Convince myself to renew my membership....... 
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

bosshawk

Join the club, Keith: I have gone through that same thought process 15 times in the 16 years that I have renewed.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

C/MSgt Lunsford

My current goal is to at least get my Mitchell, if I get my Spaatz then that would be a lifetime acomplishment... :D   

Wright Brothers #13915

dwb

Wilson Award
Lt Col
Encampment Commander
Cadet Orientation Pilot

Not necessarily in that order. :)

Chappie

From my perspective, Professional Development and roles of responsibilites go hand in hand.  Found that as I pursued training then opportunities/promotions came.  I have had the opportunity to have served at all levels of CAP in one capacity or another.   All these have also provided opportunities to attend events (Wing, Region, National) where I have met people who have and are contributing to this nation's greatness.   

Serving in CAP is definitely time consuming but it is fullfilling.   The only thing that I really would like to do is IACE.

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: dwb on September 14, 2009, 07:02:39 PM
Wilson Award
Lt Col
Encampment Commander
Cadet Orientation Pilot

Not necessarily in that order. :)
You know, I would love to do that too... thanks for reminding me... ;)

Wright Brothers #13915

dwb

Quote from: Lunsford on September 14, 2009, 10:08:19 PMYou know, I would love to do that too... thanks for reminding me... ;)

FYI, I mean command the whole shindig, not just be the Cadet Commander.  I've already done that.  ;D

addo1

Quote from: dwb on September 14, 2009, 11:41:21 PM
Quote from: Lunsford on September 14, 2009, 10:08:19 PMYou know, I would love to do that too... thanks for reminding me... ;)

FYI, I mean command the whole shindig, not just be the Cadet Commander.  I've already done that.  ;D

He was reflecting on his loooooooooooooonnnggg term goals...  ;)
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: dwb on September 14, 2009, 11:41:21 PM

Ah ok... I gotcha. :D

Wright Brothers #13915

Flying Pig

I initially got back in to CAP as a way to convince myself to not reenlist!

Making sure I leave my Sq. is in better shape than I found it.

Get involved in Cadet Programs more next year for when my son joins as a nasty C/B and begins the 3rd generation of CAPers in the Steht clan.
Id like to be one of those Cadet Programs Senior Members who people remember long after their CAP career ends.

With all my time spent at my day job my wife lets me play in CAP, but I cant really justify spending A LOT of time with someone elses kids right now while mine sit at home by themselves.  So once my kids join....Im in!

Johnny Yuma

MY goals are simple:

1. Get through the year before rfranz throttles me.

2. Get through the year before I throttle rfranz. ;D ;D ;D
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

flyguy06

I want to make my Squadron better than I found it.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: flyguy06 on September 21, 2009, 07:42:08 PM
I want to make my Squadron better than I found it.
That is what alot of the Cadets at Martinsburg Want to do. There is alot of Inactive Cadets.

Wright Brothers #13915

321EOD

My CAP Bucket List:

1. Make CAP a "1st choice resource" for our local Sheriff's Office/SAR agency
2. Build a sustainable/repeatable ES/DR training program in our Squadron
3. Keep my good ES cadets motivated until we get 1) & 2) done
4. See our Drill Team at NCC in 2010 - I KNOW they can do it
5. Convince my employer that they really should honor their own policies regarding SAR leave!
6. Convince my Group Commander that sometimes being a pain in his a** is really not THAT bad ;-)
7. Convince myself that using a compass correctly isn't really that hard, I won't lose a ground team in the mountains and our Group REALLY does need good GTLs!
8. Try to reduce the number of CAP related items on my Christmas/Birthday/25th wedding anniversary present list.
......wait, 25yrs is silver right? same color as a GT badge right...... nice! (oops - failed on Number 8 then!)
Steve Schneider, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets (Retd!)
Thompson Valley Composite Squadron (CO-147)

Майор Хаткевич

Hm...thread is lacking Eclipse input.

As for me:

- Get in shape (down 12 lbs in last two weeks)
- Get it top shape (mile time needs to go WAY down)
- Get to C/Maj, hopefully before I clock in 3 years as a C/Capt
- Get my Eaker (if I have the time before death as a cadet...at 21.)
- Get Spaatz (time dependable)
- Finish college - minimal CAP time at this stage
- Resume activity
- Work in the CP sector as well as a few others
- Squadron Command
- Encampment Command
- Senior Grade not quite as important, but PD is.

wuzafuzz

Quote from: 321EOD on October 22, 2009, 07:24:12 PM
My CAP Bucket List:

1. Make CAP a "1st choice resource" for our local Sheriff's Office/SAR agency
2. Build a sustainable/repeatable ES/DR training program in our Squadron
3. Keep my good ES cadets motivated until we get 1) & 2) done
4. See our Drill Team at NCC in 2010 - I KNOW they can do it
5. Convince my employer that they really should honor their own policies regarding SAR leave!
6. Convince my Group Commander that sometimes being a pain in his a** is really not THAT bad ;-)
7. Convince myself that using a compass correctly isn't really that hard, I won't lose a ground team in the mountains and our Group REALLY does need good GTLs!
8. Try to reduce the number of CAP related items on my Christmas/Birthday/25th wedding anniversary present list.
......wait, 25yrs is silver right? same color as a GT badge right...... nice! (oops - failed on Number 8 then!)
Wow, I know I'm spending too much time on CAP when I can read that post and know who wrote it, without knowing your screen name first...  ;-)
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."