Main Menu

CAP email addresses

Started by Daniel, May 17, 2009, 09:05:57 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: dwb on May 18, 2009, 06:26:46 PM
For an online community to thrive, you need to eliminate barriers to participation.

It depends on your definition of "thrive".

As to the question of retirees, I think that the active services handle that with an alternate domain of the main (i.e. other.af.mil) or something.

But frankly I have no idea why retirees, non-members, former (disgruntled) members, etc., are so interested in CAP that they'd spend their valuable time here arguing about uniforms they can't wear.

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

Quote from: Eclipse on May 18, 2009, 06:32:28 PMIt depends on your definition of "thrive".

The old CAPboard I mentioned earlier was supposedly "all business".  Even slightly off-topic posts were deleted.

And you know what?  That place sucked.

CAP Talk has become popular precisely because all the loonies are allowed to participate (or most of them, anyway).  The more traffic you get, the more people find you, and the more ideas get tossed about, and the more broad the base of expertise of the participants.

And fortunately, unlike real life, if you come upon a user you believe to be an idiot, you can just choose to ignore them.