The President's Challenge is a Sneaky Group of Folks

Started by Ned, December 26, 2008, 06:37:29 PM

Ned

So, even though we managed to get the old CT Presidential Challenge thread locked for excessive drift, I kept plugging along with my fitness program.

With this morning's run, I earned the President's Champions Gold Award, what I thought was the top award, after logging over 100,000 points since joining the "CT Challenge" group.

When I hit "enter" I was expecting some sort of congratulatory message as I completed the program.

Instead, I found out that there is higher level Platinum Award.

And that I am only 17% of my way towards the 500,000 points requred.  :o

Sigh.  Guess I have to keep running.

At my current 30-35 miles per week, I will earn the Platinum Award in June of 2012.   :o

A  tip for folks unfamiliar with the Presdient's Challenge program.

Make sure you are in the right program for you.  Active Lifestyle, Presidential Champions, and Presidential Champions - Advanced Performance each have different rules and goals.  I didn't realize that the Presidential Champions program had a 750 point per day maximum (to encourage daily fitness) which is not a good fit with my "three long runs a week" work out plan.  Since my runs are pretty long, I "waste" over 25% of my points since they are over the 750/day limit.  It was my bad for not reading carefully.  The Advance Performance program doesn't seem to limit daily points, but the points required for awards are higher.

I need a donut . . . .

winterg

Yeah, I figured I'd do the Presidential Champions route.  After I hit Bronze, I got kinda lax about logging my points.  A good way to generate points, even on days you don't do a solid workout, buy a pedometer and track that every day. 

RiverAux

You think they would have done some site upgrades in the years since they started the site, but it just doesn't allow you all that many options.  I still use it, but am not thrilled with it. 

RiverAux

I also don't think there is a 750 point daily limit.  I just did a comparison for my age group nationwide for Dec. 26th and the max score was 1066.