Main Menu

Weapons Training

Started by PORed, December 13, 2008, 07:31:59 AM

PORed

I recently did a course here and it was awesome. They where very professional and took my pistol skills (my weakest weapon) to a much hirer level. Anyone else here do any civilian weapons training courses?

brasda91

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

PORed

Leave me be, I am coming off a 12 hour midnight watch. What is sad is I am so tired it took me a second to realize that I hadn't misspelled "hirer", it was that it should have been "higher"

Stonewall

Civilian Weapons Training?

10 week law enforcement academy where I earned the "Top Gun" award for being top shooter.
International Training Group (Formerly known as the Steele Foundation).
We contracted USIS (not sure if they're still around) to do a 7 day course for my team that included range and scenarios with simunitions.
Had Triple Canopy do some training for us to include handgun scenario based training (live fire)
As a cop I attended "Vehicles in Combat" and "Patrol Rifle".

In the Air National Guard I am a Combat Arms Instructor.
I was in the Infantry in the Army so yeah, I did lots of firearms training.
Serving since 1987.

PORed

I have weapons training in the Coast Guard, but being I am a Intel monkey I don't get the best training. I have gone to the Sig Arms Academy and I have done a course at SCG International. Just seeing what experiences people had with other similar organizations. I know right when the war started and the USCG started sending several of their Patrol Boats over they used Blackwater to get more people up to speed weapons wise.

brasda91

Myself and a few co-workers attended a Basic Handgun class in Camden, TN that was taught by Tactical Response.  Since we are all Security Police Officers and we are veterans, it fit well with our profession.  James Yeager was the lead instructor and we enjoyed the class.  This was back before they got popular mind you.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Flying Pig

I want to know how all of you CG guys are getting these cool signatures?

PORed

Sorry it comes with being an awesome Coastie.  Head over to Militarysignatures.com

citizensoldier

Lotta US Army related.  Weapons qual on M4 and M9.  Been through tactical shotgun and carbine courses with a local police instructor, Oklahoma Armed Security license courses, which are a bad joke.  Got some of MPRI's training in Kuwait before going into Iraq.

CS
Mt. Hood Composite Squadron 1987-1989
SSG Stillwater Composite Squadron 2008-2009
SSGBroken Arrow Composite Squadron FEB 2009-Present
SGT OKARNG 08 APR 1988-23 JUN 2009

MIKE

Fail to see how weapons training such as this would be relevent to CAP.  There are certain limited circumstances, but that's not being discussed here.
Mike Johnston