The Russian Bear Awakens??

Started by capchiro, September 12, 2007, 04:36:43 PM

capchiro

Well, I mentioned the Russian rebuilding of their Army the other day and was pooh-poohed by some.  As of today, Putin has dissolved the Russian Government and Russia has exploded "the father of all bombs", a thermobaric bomb that is 4 times the strength of some of ours.  Both of these stories are at drudgereport.com for all to read and verify.  Now, I would propose that we start paying attention to the situation and begin to act accordingly.  I predict another cold war beginning shortly, if not a hot one even sooner.  He is flying more and more patrol missions over NATO property and it is only a matter of time until something happens, accidental or not.  This man is intent on staying in power and a convenient war would do that for him..
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

mikeylikey

I predicted this about 1 month ago.  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=2611.msg48478#msg48478.  So will YOU welcome back the USSR?  Should the US have been MORE proactive in making sure the old soviets/KGB leaders did not come into power in Russia? 

Either way you put it.....they will want to rebuild the empire, and we currently are in a few of their "claims".
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

It's all because World in Conflict will be released next Tuesday.
Mike Johnston

mikeylikey

^  Man I can't wait.  Demo Downloading now.........
What's up monkeys?

A.Member

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Stonewall

Don't worry folks.  I've been to Mother Russia twice and cached some supplies in case I get taken captive. 

Just offer them vodka and all will be okay.
Serving since 1987.

BlackKnight

Seems like it's hard to fight a "cold war" against a country that comes up with "hot" ideas like this:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296454,00.html

Let's see: The government orders you to:
(1) take the day off
(2) 'fool around' with the wife or mistress.
(3) win a new car 9 months later if you did a good job with (2).

See, these guys have the right idea.
How come all we ever get from our government are tax notices or jury duty summons?  ;)  ;D
Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/

A.Member

Quote from: BlackKnight on September 13, 2007, 02:29:55 AM
Seems like it's hard to fight a "cold war" against a country that comes up with "hot" ideas like this:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296454,00.html

Let's see: The government orders you to:
(1) take the day off
(2) 'fool around' with the wife or mistress.
(3) win a new car 9 months later if you did a good job with (2).

See, these guys have the right idea.
How come all we ever get from our government are tax notices or jury duty summons?  ;)  ;D
Yeah, just what this world needs...more people.  ::) ;) :)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

AlphaSigOU

Time to dust off Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb:

Quote I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids!

Mandrake, have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?
Well, no, I can't say I have.
On no account will a Commie ever drink water. And not without good reason.

Your Commie has no regard for human life. Not even his own.

Well boys... I reckon this is it... nu-cu-lar com-bat toe-to-toe with the Russkies!

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

NEBoom

Quote from: Stonewall on September 13, 2007, 01:07:58 AM
Don't worry folks.  I've been to Mother Russia twice and cached some supplies in case I get taken captive. 

Just offer them vodka and all will be okay.

That's no kidding!  Vodka and American $$ go a long way over there.

To keep this post on topic...  When I was over there ('04) I sure didn't see a nation that was in any shape to threaten the US, nor a people who would particularly care to.  Just MHO of course, but the people we saw were friendly enough.  American products are advertised all over the place (as a child of the cold war, it was kind of funny hearing a Mr. Clean commercial in Russian), and nearly everyone wears Levis and Adidas jackets.  That and economic activity over there seems very... (what's the word I'm looking for)... lagging  compared with what we're used to seeing over here.  Lots of "cash only" business.  Lots of bartering.  Etc.

I'm no Russian expert by any means.  I saw just a small part of the country for a few days.  But that was the main impression I got of the place.
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

NEBoom

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 13, 2007, 03:23:03 AM
Time to dust off Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb:

Quote I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids!

Well boys... I reckon this is it... nu-cu-lar com-bat toe-to-toe with the Russkies!

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

"Stay on the bomb run, boys.  I'm gonna get those bomb doors open if it hairlips everyone on Bear Creek."

And the ever-popular, "GENTLEMEN!  NO FIGHTING IN THE WAR ROOM!!"
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

♠SARKID♠

Time to dust off Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb

"Gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is the war room!"
Peter Sellers = GOD

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: MIKE on September 12, 2007, 06:05:49 PM

Just played the demo, and OH MY GOD!

Slim

Quote from: NEBoom on September 13, 2007, 03:29:20 AM

"Stay on the bomb run, boys.  I'm gonna get those bomb doors open if it hairlips everyone on Bear Creek."

And the ever-popular, "GENTLEMEN!  NO FIGHTING IN THE WAR ROOM!!"

Too bad Mike doesn't allow javascript quote rotators.......or maybe it's not?

Slim

SarDragon

I was waiting for that to show up!  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Trouble

Ladies and Gentlemen,

What we have here is a Great big **** sandwich and we are all going to have to take a bite.

We really should have paid attention, to that nice KGB Col  that defected to the west back in the late 80's. 

Chris Pumphrey, Capt. CAP
MD-023

(C/FO ret.)

Slim

Slim

Nomex Maximus

WOLVERINES!!!

(oops, sorry wrong thread.)
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

MIKE

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on September 13, 2007, 05:34:14 AM
Quote from: MIKE on September 12, 2007, 06:05:49 PM

Just played the demo, and OH MY GOD!

If you've created a profile for online multiplayer, PM me. "Mother Russia is sending a nuke."
Mike Johnston

JohnKachenmeister

OK, cracks about Dr. Strangelove and video games notwithstanding.

I have a weekly discussion (in person, not on line) with some real smart retired military guys, of which I am the lowest ranking member.  They only let me into the group because I'm cute.  The "Heads up" for this weeks discussion is:

1.  Israeli bombers attempted to hit (but failed) a nuclear-weapons processing site in Syria.  (In case you wondered where Saddam's nukes went to, the ones Susan Sarandon says he never had.)

2.  Putin shook up his entire cabinet shortly after that strike.

3.  Russia is getting increasingly aggressive with regard to provocations against the West.

Here's my take:  Putin has switched sides in the War on Terror.  He reads the tea leaves, (and the New York Times), sees the lack of resolve to win in America, and has concluded that the Muslim radicals will soon win the War on Terror, control the middle east, eliminate Israel, and stop oil shipments to the United States.  The US will collapse econmically, and cease to exist as a world power.  Putin has therefore (sort of like French women) gotten into bed with who he thinks will be the winner.  Part of the deal is that Iran will no longer support the Chechnyan rebellion.

So, he has provided Russian expertise to the Syrians to continue to work on the nuclear program that the Iraq invasion interrupted.  After the Israeli strike, certain members of his cabinet expressed reservations about this course of action.  They have been fired.

The Israelis will not go down without a fight.  The last time they were conquered, they committed mass suicide rather than surrender.  Every Israeli officer takes his oath on the site where they died rather than surrender to the Romans.  They will not permit a Second Holocaust.  They are also a nuclear power.

The fecal material may soon hit the electrical air recirculation device.

Stand by, boys and girls.  I think we're in for a rough ride.
Another former CAP officer