The Pig Pen is relocating......

Started by Flying Pig, June 21, 2013, 03:39:20 AM

FlyTiger77

I am not sure I would be comfortable flying a helicopter operated on such a shoestring budget. Of course, in the Army we overmaintained our helicopters.

Congratulations on your new gig!
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

PHall

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on July 03, 2013, 03:16:10 PM
I am not sure I would be comfortable flying a helicopter operated on such a shoestring budget. Of course, in the Army we overmaintained our helicopters.

Congratulations on your new gig!

There is no such thing as "overmaintaining" a helicopter.

DBlair

Quote from: BillB on June 21, 2013, 08:39:16 PM
Mountain flying skills???? In that area of the state, the highest point may be an I-95 overpass.

LOL... so true.

Quote from: Flying Pig on June 21, 2013, 03:39:20 AM
......... to Punta Gorda, FL :clap:

I was hired as a helicopter and airplane pilot for the Sheriffs Office.  Huge move, and a lot to get done in the next two weeks!   When I was there a couple weeks ago I saw a couple CAP planes on the ramp at Charlotte Airport.

Welcome to FLWG! Perhaps I'll run into you at some point, I'm north of you in Tampa.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Eclipse on June 30, 2013, 03:43:13 PM
Quote from: PHall on June 30, 2013, 02:20:00 PM
Quote from: BillB on June 30, 2013, 10:50:02 AM
It refers to Pineda. It started as HEWNWDM  He Whose Name We Don't Mnetion   and morfed from that

It's also a Happy Potter movie reference which is where those of us who were here on this board at the time seemed to pick it up from.

The proper term is "He Who Shall Remain Nameless" - HWSRN, and had nothing to Harry Potter.
It appears it was coined by jimmydeano.

Finally famous!  I think I did that because I had recently read something about Castro and how people refer to him by stroking their chin (in reference to his beard) so that they don't have to say his name.  At the time, the dictator thing seemed appropriate.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Flying Pig

Currently staged in Southern CA.  Prepping the troops and restocking supplies. Commanders intent is to assault east into Arizona tomorrow afternoon.  Stand by for further.

stillamarine

Safe travels, brother. I would offer y'all a port in Birmingham but I live in an apartment. 
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

blackrain

Quote from: Flying Pig on July 06, 2013, 02:45:20 PM
Currently staged in Southern CA.  Prepping the troops and restocking supplies. Commanders intent is to assault east into Arizona tomorrow afternoon.  Stand by for further.

Wish I was there to see you pass Phase Line "Sooner" ;D
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

NIN

Weaksauce. I expected an amphibious assault into Florida.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Private Investigator

Quote from: stillamarine on July 03, 2013, 01:50:36 PM
Yeah having no license now and no prior military flying the chances of me getting enough hours to fly for a dept before I retire are slim to none lol.

Exactly. The exception is "observer" but that requires a good political connection. Of course back in the 1980s every sheriff and chief with an Air Bureau wanted to have the first female helicopter pilot. Google that and you'll have some interesting reading. Who thought the GOBN existed outside of CAP? 

Private Investigator

You are clear, proceed without delay ..

Stay safe my friend   8)

Flying Pig

The Pig has landed....... I say again, the Pig has landed

PHall

Quote from: Flying Pig on July 14, 2013, 04:04:31 PM

Florida Law Enforcement will never know what hit it! >:D

spaatzmom

Welcome to Florida.  I hope you and your family find all you desire in your relocation.

blackrain

So is your new duty uniform a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops with Jimmy Buffett as you're co-pilot? ;D

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

PHall

Quote from: blackrain on July 15, 2013, 03:42:52 AM

So is your new duty uniform a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops with Jimmy Buffett as you're co-pilot? ;D

That would be Key West PD! ;)

Woodsy

Quote from: PHall on July 15, 2013, 03:57:36 AM
Quote from: blackrain on July 15, 2013, 03:42:52 AM

That would be Key West PD! ;)

Or any "social" after a wing staff meeting.  Heck, we rarely change out of the swim trunks! 

Flying Pig

Been here 2 weeks.... not to bad at all.  And only 2 mosquito bites so far ;D  I work right across the street from a the CAP building.  Ill need to head over and say hello.  Anyone here in the Punta Gorda unit?