The Passing of Gen Paul Bergman

Started by Chappie, May 31, 2012, 11:49:41 PM

Chappie

It is with a great deal of personal sadness that the following is being shared: Brig. Gen. Paul M. Bergman, CAP national commander from August 1996-March 1998, died today at age 72. Bergman, who was awarded Life Membership in 2002 and served on CAP's Board of Governors from August 2003-August 2007, was most recently cited with a Distinguished Service Medal in August 2011 at the Annual Conference & National Board. He joined CAP in 1982 as a member of the Indiana Wing, serving as a unit public affairs officer, squadron commander, group commander, wing chief of staff, wing vice commander and wing commander. He then served as Great Lakes Region commander, national chief of staff and national vice commander. Please keep the family and friends of Gen Bergman in your thoughts and prayers during this time.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

abdsp51

I had the pleasure of meeting him during his tenure as the national commander. And I wish I still had the picture but he presented my Mitchell to me. Condolences to the family.

FW

This is sad news indeed.  I first met Gen Bergman when he was the National Chief of Staff.  He became my mentor and friend over the last 20 years.  Even thru his illness and fading health, he still kept his interest in CAP.  I will miss his counsel and friendship. A great loss for us all.

The CyBorg is destroyed

I had the pleasure of meeting General Bergman once.  A very nice man, as it happens.

I hadn't known he was in failing health.

R.I.P., Godspeed and clear skies, sir.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011