Main Menu

Multiple things...

Started by juicedude10, March 17, 2010, 12:09:46 AM

vmstan

No minimum weight requirements. However as a cadet you'll need to follow grooming requirements. I think for you the best way to get information would be to go visit either a cadet or a composite squadron and talk with the leaders and other cadets there. They can better guide you on what you'll need to do, plus you can see what you'll be getting into. There is no obligation to join and you can visit as many squadrons as you like to see which one fits you best.

There is a unit locator on the CAP website, I would suggest starting there. http://cap.findlocation.com/

Best of luck.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

juicedude10

The reason I'm joining CAP is because one of my friends got me into it, since I like the Army and stuff like that...

Fuzzy

Quote from: juicedude10 on March 18, 2010, 12:03:29 AM
The reason I'm joining CAP is because one of my friends got me into it, since I like the Army and stuff like that...

Sorry. You might have to be screened for mental diseases.
C/Capt Semko

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Fuzzy on March 18, 2010, 06:22:40 PM
Sorry. You might have to be screened for mental diseases.

That was highly uncalled for, especially for a Cadet... who hasn't served in any branch, let alone the Army.

Flying Pig

What's there to like about the Army? >:D

juicedude10

Alot. There Special Forces branch is amazing.  They have a ton of schools. There amazing.  They can do alot, of sea, air, and land stuff.  They do sooo much. Also, the 101st were the paratroopers on Normandy. :clap:

davidsinn

Quote from: juicedude10 on March 18, 2010, 07:57:40 PM
Alot. There Special Forces branch is amazing.  They have a ton of schools. There amazing.  They can do alot, of sea, air, and land stuff.  They do sooo much. Also, the 101st were the paratroopers on Normandy. :clap:

Other than the Choking Chickens and Normandy you just described the Navy  ;)
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Spike

Quote from: Walkman on March 17, 2010, 08:23:05 PM
The weight guidelines are for the top of the scale. If you are below the listed weight, don't worry about it.

I think there should be minimum weight requirements. 

davidsinn

Quote from: Spike on March 18, 2010, 08:15:41 PM
The weight guidelines are for the top of the scale. If you are below the listed weight, don't worry about it.

Why? I've had cadets that wouldn't bust 100 lbs
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Flying Pig

HAA...Relax ma'man... I was kidding.  My grand father, father, several cousins and uncles were all Paratroopers in the 101st and 82nd.

Robert Steht Sgt./USMC 0331 (former)
                    Sgt./US Army 11B30 (former)

juicedude10

Quote from: davidsinn on March 18, 2010, 08:05:36 PM

Other than the Choking Chickens and Normandy you just described the Navy  ;)

haha my dad was in the 101st. I've had family all over the Armed Forces...except the Coast Guard, but i really don't count them.

juicedude10

Quote from: Spike on March 18, 2010, 08:15:41 PM

not really.... not many could join then...

MIKE

Quote from: juicedude10 on March 18, 2010, 09:21:45 PM
... except the Coast Guard, but i really don't count them.

This makes Moderanger  :'( :'( :'(
Mike Johnston

Fuzzy

Hey if they consider the Air National Guard to be a legitimate military service, then the coasties should definately be in.  ;)

Had to say it....
C/Capt Semko

juicedude10

Quote from: Fuzzy on March 18, 2010, 09:54:08 PM
Hey if they consider the Air National Guard to be a legitimate military service, then the coasties should definately be in.  ;)

Had to say it....

This makes Moderanger

what? I don't know what that is...haha...I put both together so i didn't have to say the same thing twice...I was like WHAT?!

juicedude10

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 18, 2010, 08:24:05 PM

HAA...Relax ma'man... I was kidding.  My grand father, father, several cousins and uncles were all Paratroopers in the 101st and 82nd.

and uh why'd you call me ma'am? I'm a guy!

DC

Quote from: juicedude10 on March 19, 2010, 05:38:49 PM
Quote from: Flying Pig on March 18, 2010, 08:24:05 PM

and uh why'd you call me ma'am? I'm a guy!
There's an extra 'm' in there. Say it a few times...

SarDragon

Well, in your 13 posts, you've made no mention of your gender, and your height of 5'2" might (unfairly, I might add) lead someone to believe that you could be a female.

Also, after a second look, he didn't say "ma'am, he said "ma' man" [space added to clarify].

"Lighten up, Francis."
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Short Field

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

SarDragon

Name's Dave, not Shirley.  >:D :P