Seniors and military badges

Started by Cadet Snuffy, October 16, 2015, 04:58:34 AM

Cadet Snuffy

I have a friend that served in the army, and he was wondering if he joined cap, could he wear his signal corps badge on his Blues uniform? I told him I'd try to find out, but I have never seen anything that says NO to it.
future pilot

abdsp51

CAPM39-1 has your answers.  Though if itxs his branch insignia then no. 

Capt Thompson

If by signal corps badge you mean the brass disc he wears on his lapel, then no, these are for the Army uniform only. On blues he would wear the nickel US with the circle around it if he went as an NCO, and the US without the circle if he goes for Officer.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

LSThiker

Quote from: Cadet Snuffy on October 16, 2015, 04:58:34 AM
I have a friend that served in the army, and he was wondering if he joined cap, could he wear his signal corps badge on his Blues uniform? I told him I'd try to find out, but I have never seen anything that says NO to it.

The only "Signal Corps" badge are his branch insignia.  The discs are for enlisted while the officer is the insignia itself.  Those are not authorized on the USAF uniform. 

jdh

Quote from: LSThiker on October 16, 2015, 03:27:09 PM

The only "Signal Corps" badge are his branch insignia.  The discs are for enlisted while the officer is the insignia itself.  Those are not authorized on the USAF uniform.

He may also be talking about the regimental affiliation device that is worn on the right side over the name tag, but that is also a no-go on CAP uniforms. Signal is one of the few that everyone wears the regimental affiliation device for, most other branches you chose which regiment that you have belonged to and request affiliation.

LSThiker

Quote from: jdh on October 16, 2015, 05:21:14 PM

He may also be talking about the regimental affiliation device that is worn on the right side over the name tag, but that is also a no-go on CAP uniforms. Signal is one of the few that everyone wears the regimental affiliation device for, most other branches you chose which regiment that you have belonged to and request affiliation.

Forgot about the Regimental Crests.  As an AMEDD officer, I wear the AMEDD crest.  In fact, most wear their Corps Regimental Crests.  The "Combat Arms" are the ones without a Branch Regimental Crests (except Corps of Engineers).  The following are the Branch Regimental Crests:

AMEDD (which switched crests in 2014--it now has a rooster)
Acquisition Corps
AG Corps
Chaplain Corps
Chemical Corps
Civil Affairs Corps
Corps of Engineers
Finance Corps
JAG
Military Intelligence Corps
Military Police Corps
Ordnance Corps
Quartermaster Corps
Signal Corps
Logistics Corps

Cadet Snuffy

Quote from: jdh on October 16, 2015, 05:21:14 PM

That's what I'm referring to. The one that goes on the chest. Not collar.
future pilot

Flying Pig

I think Im going to start wearing my Eagle Globe and Anchor somewhere on my blues.

The Infamous Meerkat

That's fantastic.  :clap: :P  Pictures please!
Captain Kevin Brizzi, CAP
SGT, USMC
Former C/TSgt, CAP
Former C/MAJ, Army JROTC

NC Hokie

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 16, 2015, 08:06:15 PM
I think Im going to start wearing my Eagle Globe and Anchor somewhere on my blues.

Just be sure to take it off when you rejoin CAP. >:D
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Майор Хаткевич

Is it any different than former C/Officers having their pips/diamonds sewn under their BDU collars/inside a pocket or something?

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on October 16, 2015, 09:17:48 PM
Is it any different than former C/Officers having their pips/diamonds sewn under their BDU collars/inside a pocket or something?

Or pinned under the lapel of the service dress jacket! :D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

NC Hokie

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on October 16, 2015, 11:30:46 PM
Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on October 16, 2015, 09:17:48 PM

Or pinned under the lapel of the service dress jacket! :D

Or inside the folds of the flight cap, which my daughter and several other SUPTFC graduates did with the wings they were awarded at the end of the activity.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

All Around Good Guy

goblin

NC Hokie

Quote from: Goblin on October 17, 2015, 01:58:55 AM
What kinda wings?

USAF pilot wings.  Hers are somewhere on the board in the background of this picture.

NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

All Around Good Guy

goblin

goblin

Does that program also allow for embroidered name tags?

Flying Pig

C'mon.... all the 182 drivers are wearin em

SARDOC

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 16, 2015, 08:06:15 PM

Wear it under a pocket.  Marines/Air force folks E7 and above that have gone through Navy/Coast Guard indoc have worn the Chief's Anchor under a pocket and they'll flash it coming into the Chief's Mess...the food is better.  :)

ALH

NecroThread, arise!

Please help me clarify a mental exercise in regulation interpolation, which came up the other day when trying to explain how CAP uniforms work for AD folk. I've asked the Knowledgebase without any response a few times, so let's open it up to the masses. It has to do with USAFWIC graduate patch.

CAPM-39.1 (26 June 2014) states "10.8.1. US Military badges may be worn on USAF-style uniforms in accordance with authorizations and instructions found in AFI 36-2903 when appropriate orders granted by competent military authority are present in the member's CAP personnel record."

Following that up, AFI 36-2903 (28 May 2015) states "5.1.2.2. Full size graduate patches will be worn and may only be worn on the pockets. Only permanently conferred graduate patches (i.e. Weapons Instructor Course Graduate Patch and USAF Test Pilot School Patch) may be worn." Later, 10.1.1 places WIC Graduate patches in the same category of "missile, missile ops, security forces, fire protection, et al insignia". Likewise, Attachment 5 categorizes the WIC graduate patch as part of the "Qualification Badges & graduate Patches" umbrella.

For our purposes, would the USAFWS WIC Graduate patch be considered a qualification badge and "(CAPM 39-1 10.8.1) be worn on USAF-style uniforms in accordance with authorizations and instructions found in AFI 36-2903 when appropriate orders granted by competent military authority are present in the member's CAP personnel record."?

Or, for those who don't quite make it...

Thanks for any input!