Color guard shoulder cord

Started by UDDABLE, February 01, 2015, 01:39:11 AM

UDDABLE

Hello ladies and gentlemen,
     I'm new to this forum so forgive me for any faux pas I might inadvertently commit. I recently received my shoulder cord for color guard and I'm looking for a way to attach it to the enlisted service coat. I've done searching on Google already but I can't find any kind of instructions about how to attach it. It should be noted the enlisted service coat doesn't have epaulets, for if it did, attachment would be simple. I'm sure a safety pin will come in handy but I can't think of a way to attach the shoulder cord without it appearing as an eyesore. Is it even possible to make this work without having the button loop hang out and look all messy? Thanks in advance for any help or advice, it's much appreciated.

Storm Chaser

Attach it with a safety pin. The exact placement is covered in CAPM 39-1, Para. 9.3

abdsp51

As Storm Chaser said use a safety  pin.  Pin it from the inside of the coat per CAPM39-1 and use a heavy duty pin.  I used them all the time when I had to attach brassards up until Velcro was allowed.  As for the button loop you will just have to play with it to figure out how best to attach the cord without it looking messy. 

UDDABLE

Thanks for the help. Managed to tuck the button loop underneath the cord.