Just for laughs- what your badges really say

Started by UH60guy, June 09, 2013, 12:51:12 AM

Brad

Quote from: SJFedor on June 11, 2013, 12:36:55 AM
Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on June 11, 2013, 12:05:46 AM
What is a Ranger Third Class?  All I recall from the Army when I was in was that you were either Ranger qualified and wore the tab or you weren't a Ranger.  I never realized there were different classes.

Hawk Mountain nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Air_Patrol_Ranger#Ranger_advancement

Just read that article. Utterly flabbergasted.

QuoteMore recently, CAP Rangers have been involved in recovery efforts after Hurricane Katrina. 31 CAP Rangers from Pennsylvania Wing alone traveled 28 hours to Pascagoula, Mississippi to aid in relief efforts. Rangers from numerous other wings assisted as well. CAP Rangers went door-to-door ensuring that local residents had the food, water, and medical care they needed.

Their involvement, however, was controversial at best, as they were repeatedly chastised for not following command directions, and were ultimately sent home because of their inability to follow simple and basic CAP procedures and directions from the incident commanders. This was noted specifically in the official After Action Report.

How about CAP members not just rangers went?! There's other problems as well and that whole article smells of elitism. They don't even address the fact that the pistol belts aren't even authorized for wear on the BDUs per CAPM 39-1, for example.

Back on-topic though...

Mission Observer and Communications: I'll spot your crash site and ask you for a signal report when calling you on the radio.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Devil Doc

Well considering our wing only has a handful of Rangers, we are trying to get more qualified Rangers. I personally think it is a good idea, it is a better way to use my skill I learned in the Military. I am also involved with Red Cross Disaster Services and CERT and taking classes from the State Emergency Management program.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Private Investigator

Quote from: SarDragon on June 10, 2013, 01:46:13 AM
Quote from: Private Investigator on June 09, 2013, 08:10:05 PM
Wow that is much better than NAS Lakehurst, NJ in March   8)

Lakehurst sucks all year 'round, not just in March.

So that is what keeps Toms River from falling into the ocean?   ;)

Luis R. Ramos

Safety Technician Badge plus Master Admin Badge=Pay attention to your Safety requirements or there will be plenty of paperwork and red tape.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

SarDragon

Quote from: Private Investigator on June 12, 2013, 08:31:21 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on June 10, 2013, 01:46:13 AM
Quote from: Private Investigator on June 09, 2013, 08:10:05 PM
Wow that is much better than NAS Lakehurst, NJ in March   8)

Lakehurst sucks all year 'round, not just in March.

So that is what keeps Toms River from falling into the ocean?   ;)

That's hilarious, and likely to be 100% true.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

Seen in another thread, belonging to another person.

Pilot Badge and Munitions Maintainer Badge: "I am too busy to wait for you guys, I will load it myself."

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer