winter survival patch

Started by tuxzee, March 17, 2013, 07:35:26 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: Duke Dillio on March 18, 2013, 01:22:41 PM
Quote from: Blues Brother on March 18, 2013, 11:14:41 AM
So what is the point of having all of these patches that are not authorized for wear on our uniforms?   I don't get it.....  It doesn't make any sense to me.

It's also approved in a wing supplement for wear by members of that wing so it is authorized.

Link?

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

Scroll down, see the link I provided on page 1.
Serving since 1987.

Maj Daniel Sauerwein

With all the snow we have had up here in the Dakotas and Minnesota, this training is put to good use, as we just had a blizzard blow through.
DANIEL SAUERWEIN, Maj, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol

Duke Dillio

Since the OP still hasn't seen his answer:

Table 6-4 Item 10. One distinctive patch/badge may be worn centered below the lower portion of the right breast pocket on the BDU shirt or field jacket between the left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket. Minnesota members are authorized:
1. Minnesota unit patches approved by the Wing Commander.
a. To receive approval for a unit patch, the unit commander will submit a full size colored illustration indicating the patch's heraldry (explaining the purpose and significance of the image(s), colors selected and what they represent) via the chain of command, to the Wing Commander for approval.)
b. Approved unit patches: 130th, Anoka, Crow Wing, Duluth, Fort Snelling, Grand Rapids, Mankato, North Hennepin, Northland, Owatonna, Pipestone, SE Minnesota, Red Wing, St. Cloud Composite, St. Croix, St. Paul, Valley, Viking, Group 3 and Group 4.
2. Approved activity patches.
a. Activity patches require the Wing Commander's approval. The project officer for the activity will submit a full size illustration via the chain of command for approval.
b. Approved activity patches are: Minnesota Wing Flight Academy, Minnesota Wing Encampment, Special Operations, BlackCAP ES College, and Winter Survival Weekend.
Centered on right breast pocket of the BDU's...

edit:  wrong quote slash thingy...