Were to buy BDU besides vanguard?

Started by KERALA, March 19, 2012, 01:08:43 AM

KERALA

cap235629

Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

avguy

BDU.com provided a decent product for my 12-year-old cadet son, for whom the XS-sized adult BDU was still too big - check under the "Clothing"/"Kids" sections.
Will Craig, Maj, CAP
CC
NCR-MN-042

abdsp51

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

thatonekid

a military surplus store (Uncle Sam's) is usually fine.
C/MSgt Collins

Eagle

C/2dLt Thomas Bracker
Pell City Composite Squadron
Alpha Flight Commander

Cap'n

As Eagle said, see if you have a thrift store on a base near you. They sometimes have an excellent supply of BDU's and even Blues items in one big section- I just got a BDU blouse this past weekend at one.

Also try an "Airman's Attic" if there is one near you, though those tend to have more of the Blues uniform items than BDU's in stock.

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

AngelWings

Make sure you get a real issued brand, and none of that Rothco/Truspec crap that is off colored and poor quality.

usafcap1

|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

MIKE

Quote from: Littleguy on March 25, 2012, 10:26:51 PM
Make sure you get a real issued brand, and none of that Rothco/Truspec crap that is off colored and poor quality.

I haven't had any significant issues with the Tru-Spec BDUs I have owned.  The 100% cottons were not as nice as the 50/50 NYCO Ripstops though.
Mike Johnston

The CyBorg is destroyed

Base thrift shops are having less and less BDU's because the "ABUing" of the Air Force, Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard is virtually complete.

BDU.COM is a good source, and you can also find them on Evilbay.  The only problem with that is that you don't get to try them on.

Even Army/Navy stores are having BDU's less and less.  The first thing I see when I walk into our local Army/Navy is ACU's.  They do have Czech and Dutch BDU's which are generally similar in colour, but not in cut (they have epaulettes).

I talked to a dual ANG/CAP member not too long ago.  He told me that the BDU supply is going to be drying up "real fast."
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ilcap123

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Private Investigator

One Squadron I was in had donated items from Cadets and Senior Members who left CAP.

Ask and ye shall receive ...   8)