FLWG Unit Citation?

Started by DC, April 17, 2011, 05:40:11 PM

starshippe

. . did u ever wonder what a shaved bunny would look like?

bill

HGjunkie

Quote from: starshippe on April 24, 2011, 05:38:28 PM

. . did u ever wonder what a shaved bunny would look like?

bill

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Fooz

So, not to beat a dead horse here, but...

Florida Wing just received a missive that we will be receiving a national commander's unit citation for members in Florida Wing during the period of 1 May 2010 and 30 October 2010. I have not seen the actual message from National Headquarters...all I have is the PA from Florida Wing.

In the email that had this PA attached to it, it is stated that "This PA will supersede Personnel Authorization 11-014, dated 22 April 2011".

My thinking of this is that it can't really do that, since the two awards cover different periods of time:

PA 11-014 covers 1 FEB 08 to 9 APR 11 (Unit Citation)
PA 12-002 covers 1 MAY 10 to 30 OCT 10 (National Commander Unit Citation)

If you were to have joined on, say 31 OCT 10, a superseding of PA 11-014 would essentially take away that ribbon and leave you with nothing, despite you having been around to have earned it. (We'll leave the concept of "earned" to a different discussion)

So, to my thinking, those in Florida wing who were around for both should be authorized to wear both, and superseding is not applicable.

Any thoughts?

Eclipse

You only "earn" what is approved.  If the original PA is disavowed, then the decs are respectively voided.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

What in the world would be the justification for voiding a unit award covering one time period in favor of a new award covering an entirely different time period? 

If this is being accurately reported I just can't believe it was intentional. 

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Duke Dillio

Quote from: RiverAux on February 17, 2012, 08:46:04 PM
What in the world would be the justification for voiding a unit award covering one time period in favor of a new award covering an entirely different time period? 

If this is being accurately reported I just can't believe it was intentional.
Perhaps they just wanted to award the Nat'l Comm. Unit Citation versus the green weenie....

Good on you FLWG...  Hopefully I can get some of my people some awards for the hard work that they've done...  In this wing though.... doubtful....