what all do i need to buy after my mitchell?

Started by shlebz, February 04, 2011, 10:19:00 PM

shlebz

i just got my mitchell and i was wondering what all i needed to buy to have a complete uniform, like all the  insignia?
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

MIKE

At an absolute minimum you need one set of blue epaulet sleeves. One set of mini C/2d Lt pips, and one set of regular sized C/2d pips... IIRC, technically you can wear minis on the flight cap, but the regulars look better.

If you have service dress you'll need shoulder boards and another set or regular sized pips.  If you don't still have your CAP cutouts, you will need a set of those.  Service cap device, if you have one of those.

BDUs need two sets of cloth C/2d Lt insignia.  1 for each collar and 1 for your BDU cap.
Mike Johnston

caphornbuckle

Don't forget about the cloth grade insignia for the BDU jacket as well, if you have one!

Not having a CAPM 39-1 handy, I don't know if the cloth CAP cutouts are required for the BDU jacket for cadets as well.  Been a while since I had to look into this.

As a matter of fact, you might want to look into all of the cadet officer items in the 39-1 to make sure you have all of the insignia you need for your uniforms as well as the outerwear.
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

RobertAmphibian

Quote from: MIKE on February 04, 2011, 10:41:50 PM
IIRC, technically you can wear minis on the flight cap, but the regulars look better.

+1.  All the cool cadet officers use regular sized insignia :)

MICT1362

Quote from: caphornbuckle on February 05, 2011, 06:15:07 AM
Not having a CAPM 39-1 handy, I don't know if the cloth CAP cutouts are required for the BDU jacket for cadets as well.  Been a while since I had to look into this.
Yes, you do need the cloth cutouts for the field jacket.  It should look just like a SM's field jacket.

-Paramedic

ol'fido

I would buy a sewing machine and learn how to use it if you are going to be changing all those sew on ranks every couple of months. ;D ;D ;D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Ford73Diesel

Quote from: RobertAmphibian on February 05, 2011, 10:55:37 PM
Quote from: MIKE on February 04, 2011, 10:41:50 PM
IIRC, technically you can wear minis on the flight cap, but the regulars look better.

+1.  All the cool cadet officers use regular sized insignia :)

WIWAC I rocked the mini insignia most of the time. I thought it looked cooler. I was one of the few C/O's that did it.

In the winter, I would normally wear the full size when I was wearing the service coat