More Questions about Senior Technician Level for Administration Officer

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, March 14, 2017, 07:25:09 PM

West MI-CAP-Ret

First, I want to thank those of you that have given me a lot of great information.  Now, I missed a question, and now that our SUI is next week (been scheduled for several months for this date), I see that perhaps the Administration Officer should have been the point person for working out the date and times for this inspection.

One of several Administration Officer Senior Level knowledge requirements are: 

1.  Coordinate unit responses to scheduled inspections, CI, SI or SUI.

2.  Explain to the OJT supervisor or commander how this function interacts with the same function at higher and lower echelons. Explain how you have complied.

I haven't (and can't, at least this year) complied because I was never involved with scheduling this SUI.

Any thoughts from any IGs out there would be appreciated :D
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

jeders

Quote from: DemonOps on March 14, 2017, 07:25:09 PM
One of several Administration Officer Senior Level knowledge requirements are: 
1.  Coordinate unit responses to scheduled inspections, CI, SI or SUI.

2.  Explain to the OJT supervisor or commander how this function interacts with the same function at higher and lower echelons. Explain how you have complied.

I haven't (and can't, at least this year) complied because I was never involved with scheduling this SUI.

Any thoughts from any IGs out there would be appreciated

You don't schedule the SUI, that's handled by the SUI team leader or IG and the Commander. What this is saying is that you coordinate the responses to the already scheduled SUI from your squadron. The key here is that you are the response gate keeper so that the SUI team doesn't have reports trickling in over time with numerous follow up emails requesting documents that should have been submitted all at once.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

+1 - Also, the specialty track for admin is approved by your CC and unconnected to the SUI, beyond the
notes you indicate as one potential duty

If the unit CC decides he, or someone else is to be the point person, then that's out of your hands, as long as you at least
understand the idea that it's considered a best-practice to have the Admin be the aggregator of the reports.

IOW, you should not have to wait until an SUI to complete your rating, nor beheld back if the CC decides he's running point.

"That Others May Zoom"