Main Menu

The CAP Race Car

Started by Major_Chuck, May 28, 2005, 02:55:01 AM

Major_Chuck

The Race Car.  The thing that will haunt us forever.  Has Ashton Lewis actually ever won a race?

Quote from: Skyray on May 09, 2005, 09:55:57 PM
You guys should be aware that the heavy hitters are here with bells on, including some you wouldn't suspect.  A while back on the CAP race car thread (so long ago I don't even remember it clearly) I used the acronym YMMV.  Shortly thereafter I got an interrogative from the Seventh District Coast Guard Director of Auxiliary asking what the acronym meant.  He is a very heavy hitter, sort of like if the Air Force had active duty guys riding herd on our Region CC.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Major_Chuck

Shock the crap out of me!  He's got a big name sponsor now!  United States Marines.

[attachment deleted by admin- older than one year]
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

pixelwonk

Quote from: Major_Chuck on May 28, 2005, 02:55:01 AM
The Race Car. The thing that will haunt us forever. Has Ashton Lewis actually ever won a race?

Won a race, what about actually finishing the race without smashing something or having the car break down?

Major_Chuck

His car being engulfed in flames at Richmond two years ago was the highlight of the race.

Quote from: tedda on May 28, 2005, 03:01:02 AM
The Race Car. The thing that will haunt us forever. Has Ashton Lewis actually ever won a race?

Won a race, what about actually finishing the race without smashing something or having the car break down?
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

pixelwonk

Ah yes... good times.  good times.

Schmidty06

Quote from: Major_Chuck on May 28, 2005, 03:03:20 AM
His car being engulfed in flames at Richmond two years ago was the highlight of the race.

Quote from: tedda on May 28, 2005, 03:01:02 AM

It's funny because it's true.   ;D

Greg

Hey, if anything put the spotlight on his car (and the CAP seal) it was probably that.  ::)
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Major_Chuck

Quote from: Greg on May 28, 2005, 10:32:02 AM

Hey, if anything put the spotlight on his car (and the CAP seal) it was probably that.  ::)

But what a thing to remember, going up in flames.   ;D
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

Pylon

Well, he may not have won anything, but at least a bunch of people saw the CAP seal and said "Huh... wonder what that is?  *sip beer*  Hey look!  Another crash!" ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Greg

Whoa...........just realized that Ashton's new suite thing almost looks like a USMC uniform!
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

whatevah

I downloaded a pic a while back of the (in)famous car after it did a 180 in the middle of the track.  smoke was billowing out from the back tires, looked pretty cool.   ;D

driving back from some weekend CAP thing, I listened to one of the races, and he was in the lead for a lot of it, then the leaders drafted together and shot past him.  ah well, he was in first for at least 40 laps.  I think he lost it with around 20 laps left.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Major_Chuck

Well, he may not have won anything, but at least a bunch of people saw the CAP seal and said "Huh... wonder what that is?  *sip beer*  Hey look!  Another crash!" 

Ha Ha.  Wait a minute.  That is exactly what I did.   ;D

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS