eServices Lock Out for Incomplete Safety Education

Started by Spaceman3750, April 15, 2011, 08:23:17 PM

coudano

Quote from: Eclipse on April 29, 2011, 04:36:56 PM
One briefing a month on anything is too much?  What should be the "ridiculous threshold" here?

Doing the briefing is not a big deal for me (though it is usually a repetitive eye rolling yawn fest)
The micromanagement, tracking, and enforcement is the ridiculous part.

EMT-83

Actually, the on-line tracking makes documentation easier than it's ever been. Anyone who has been doing what's required all along shouldn't be having any problems with safety.

Eclipse

Quote from: coudano on April 29, 2011, 05:46:36 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 29, 2011, 04:36:56 PM
One briefing a month on anything is too much?  What should be the "ridiculous threshold" here?

Doing the briefing is not a big deal for me (though it is usually a repetitive eye rolling yawn fest)
The micromanagement, tracking, and enforcement is the ridiculous part.

Well, that's just it, right?

When people were told "just do it", they didn't, so at some point you have to enforce the rules somehow.  Its a headache for Group and Wing staffers
who participate fully but not necessarily at regular meetings, but for the average active unit member, not a big deal.

Don't like the nags?  Do an online brief.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

The nags are stupid, thats the problem. The safety briefing is NOT overdue, the unit has them regularly scheduled. Why hassle people every month over it?

arajca

It helps prevent them from falling out of currancy. National does not know when each unit does its safety briefings. The unit I work with does theirs at the beginning of the month so we don't see the nags.

It is the member's responsibility to maintain safety currancy. It is the unit's responsibility to provide one safety education per month and enter those who attended that briefing into eServices. If the member misses the regular safety education, they need to obtain it on their own.

I know of several members whose units hold their safety education at the end of the month who've missed the meeting or have had the meeting cancelled due to weather of holiday. They fell out of currancy because no one told them they had to make the safety education up somehow. You can blame the unit leadership, but the member also shares the responsibilty.