Main Menu

Shoulder Chords

Started by infinitefoxfire75, July 28, 2009, 12:40:55 AM

BrandonKea

Quote from: alamrcn on July 30, 2009, 03:35:55 PM
Other than the fix for Cadet Officers wearing the "bus driver" hat, shoulder cords are the #1 item in wing-level suppliments to 39-1.

Here are a bunch of them...
http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/library.html#Regulations and Manuals

If you have a suppliment that isn't there, let me know!

Wow, great resource. I wish NHQ would keep track of Wing Supplements on a National Level, making them available to everyone in a digital format in a centralized location. I don't know how many pubs I've been told are on the Wing Website only to discover either that the Wing Website sucks and the pub is hidden in some unknown folder, or that the pub simply doesn't exist. We need a clearinghouse for these publications.

NEWG has a supplement, but I don't know that any copies are still around, or if they have a Wing CC sig at this point. I'll do some asking.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: BrandonKea on July 31, 2009, 12:08:12 AM
Wow, great resource. I wish NHQ would keep track of Wing Supplements on a National Level, making them available to everyone in a digital format in a centralized location. I don't know how many pubs I've been told are on the Wing Website only to discover either that the Wing Website sucks and the pub is hidden in some unknown folder, or that the pub simply doesn't exist. We need a clearinghouse for these publications.

NEWG has a supplement, but I don't know that any copies are still around, or if they have a Wing CC sig at this point. I'll do some asking.

Operational supplements can be found here:
http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/emergency_services/operations/supplements.cfm

As to local wing uniform supplements, each wing is required to publish them, but they aren't much value to anyone outside the wing.  Check your wing's website.

Yours (Nebraska) are here: 
http://www.newg-cap.org/Departments/Mission_Support/Administration/default.asp

"That Others May Zoom"

BrandonKea

Quote from: Eclipse on July 31, 2009, 02:16:04 AM

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/emergency_services/operations/supplements.cfm

As to local wing uniform supplements, each wing is required to publish them, but they aren't much value to anyone outside the wing.  Check your wing's website.

Our supplement section is a joke, that really hasn't been updated with any of the pubs useful. If National was the caretaker of all of the supplements, it would be easier.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: BrandonKea on July 31, 2009, 03:17:31 AM

Our supplement section is a joke, that really hasn't been updated with any of the pubs useful. If National was the caretaker of all of the supplements, it would be easier.

By regulation, those are the only ones in force - most uniform supplements have to be approved by NHQ and they all have to be published.  At a minimum its a Compliance Inspection issue.

Odds are your wing doesn't have any that are properly approved.  Same goes for the operational ones.
That pages used to include about 20 states that had supplements.

The new 60-1 negated all of them, and few have had their new versions approved.   My wing, for example, is waiting for several other related regs to be published before submitting the operational supplements.

"That Others May Zoom"

BrandonKea

Quote from: Eclipse on July 31, 2009, 03:43:56 AM
Quote from: BrandonKea on July 31, 2009, 03:17:31 AM

By regulation, those are the only ones in force - most uniform supplements have to be approved by NHQ and they all have to be published.  At a minimum its a Compliance Inspection issue.

Odds are your wing doesn't have any that are properly approved.  Same goes for the operational ones.
That pages used to include about 20 states that had supplements.

The new 60-1 negated all of them, and few have had their new versions approved.   My wing, for example, is waiting for several other related regs to be published before submitting the operational supplements.

There are 39-1 supplements which have been signed by the Wing CC and are on the books, just not online.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: BrandonKea on July 31, 2009, 03:45:27 AM
There are 39-1 supplements which have been signed by the Wing CC and are on the books, just not online.

First, there should be only one.

Second, if they aren't online, how do you know about them?  And do you know for sure they are actually valid?

Third, as I said, at a minimum this should be a CI finding, which doesn't mean much to the average member.

"That Others May Zoom"

BrandonKea

Quote from: Eclipse on July 31, 2009, 03:50:06 AM

Second, if they aren't online, how do you know about them?  And do you know for sure they are actually valid?

Third, as I said, at a minimum this should be a CI finding, which doesn't mean much to the average member.

I've seen the signed copies in person.

I believe I may be confused with a policy letter or two instead of a singular supplement. I know the Wheel Cap is authorized for C/Officer's and that our GPA cords are in effect too.

Do Wing's without webpages not have the ability to issue supplements since it seems they need to be online to be valid?
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Major Carrales

Quote from: BrandonKea on July 31, 2009, 03:54:36 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 31, 2009, 03:50:06 AM

I've seen the signed copies in person.

I believe I may be confused with a policy letter or two instead of a singular supplement. I know the Wheel Cap is authorized for C/Officer's and that our GPA cords are in effect too.

Do Wing's without webpages not have the ability to issue supplements since it seems they need to be online to be valid?

Online regs can be just as precarious as an out of date reg book sitting in a binder on the shelf at a unit.  The fact that internet access is not universal at this point in our history means that, to quote President Kennedy (attributed) during the Cuban Missile Crisis when a U2 Mission went ahead after being canceled..."There is always some son of a [-----] who doesn't get the word."
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454