Mitchell Test Question

Started by BraveRifles19D, October 17, 2018, 01:06:01 AM

BraveRifles19D

Just a quick question regarding the Mitchell test. Since there is a Leadership test and an Aerospace test, do they both have to be taken on the same night or can it be split into two nights?

Color Guard Rifleman

There are no tests are required to be taken on the same night. They can be split up between two meetings. Congrats on the promotion in advance
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

BraveRifles19D

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on October 17, 2018, 01:15:37 AM
Only the no tests are required to be taken on the same night. They can be split up between two meetings. Congrats on the promotion in advance
I got my Mitchell in 1990, but thanks, lol! Just wondering since we have a few cadets coming up on it.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: BraveRifles19D on October 17, 2018, 01:58:54 AM
Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on October 17, 2018, 01:15:37 AM
Only the no tests are required to be taken on the same night. They can be split up between two meetings. Congrats on the promotion in advance
I got my Mitchell in 1990, but thanks, lol! Just wondering since we have a few cadets coming up on it.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I believe only the Spaatz has to be taken on the same night.
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Capmonkey

When I took my Mitchell, I took them on separate nights. I agree with Spaatz. I'm about to take it, and was told that all of the tests have to be taken on the same night.

C/Lt. Col Capmonkey

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: Capmonkey on October 17, 2018, 02:54:01 PM
When I took my Mitchell, I took them on separate nights. I agree with Spaatz. I'm about to take it, and was told that all of the tests have to be taken on the same night.

C/Lt. Col Capmonkey

The only reason they have Spaatz on the same night is so Cadets can't have time to prepare for the next section. They must be prepared for all section on that one day
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Capmonkey

Eclipse

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on October 17, 2018, 03:00:53 PM
The only reason they have Spaatz on the same night is so Cadets can't have time to prepare for the next section. They must be prepared for all section on that one day

Why would you believe that to be the case?  NHQ isn't looking to "gotcha" candidates, or make the process unnecessarily stressful,
but there are non-trivial logistical issues that come into play.

Unlike all of the rest of the tests, which can be administered by squadron TCOs, and performed locally,
the Spaatz tests are required to be proctored by at least two specially-appointed senior members, and in most cases the cadet must travel somewhere to meet them
at a venue appropriate to the CPFT test, regardless of weather.  In larger states it's not uncommon for cadets to have to travel hours
to get to the test location.

If individual sessions were allowed per-exam type, the process of just initial testing for the first tries could literally take months to
coordinate (during a time most candidates are already starting to watch the Doomsday Clock, if not already up against deadlines).

Re-tests are only for the portion(s) not completed successfully in the previous attempt, with three total attempts regardless of the number
of failures, so that basically allows for the "prep for the next test".

"That Others May Zoom"

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: Eclipse on October 17, 2018, 03:28:57 PM

Why would you believe that to be the case?  NHQ isn't looking to "gotcha" candidates, or make the process unnecessarily stressful,

Unlike all of the rest of the tests, which can be administered by squadron TCOs, and performed locally,
the Spaatz tests are required to be proctored by at least two specially-appointed senior members, and in most cases the cadet must travel somewhere to meet them
at a venue appropriate to the CPFT test, regardless of weather.  In larger states it's no uncommon for cadets to have to travel hours

If individual sessions were allowed per-exam type, the process of just initial testing for the first tries could literally take months to
coordinate (during a time most candidates are already starting to watch the Doomsday Clock, if not already up against deadlines).

Re-tests are only for the portion(s) not completed successfully in the previous attempt, with three total attempts regardless of the number

I never knew a cadet might have to travel a few hours to test. I just figured that once the first attempt started. They didn't have time to prepare until they take their 2nd attempt.
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Capmonkey

at a venue appropriate to the CPFT test, regardless of weather.  In larger states it's not uncommon for cadets to have to travel hours

I highly agree with this one as well! I'm about to request my first attempt at the Spaatz exam, and the Wing Testing Officer, who I've heard will be the proctor, lives in Nevada, so it will be interesting to see how the traveling works out. Wish me luck, y'all... I'd appreciate it!

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: Capmonkey on October 17, 2018, 03:34:25 PM

I highly agree with this one as well! I'm about to request my first attempt at the Spaatz exam, and the Wing Testing Officer, who I've heard will be the proctor, lives in Nevada, so it will be interesting to see how the traveling works out. Wish me luck, y'all... I'd appreciate it!

Good Luck!! :clap:
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Capmonkey

Thanks. And thanks, Eclipse, for all of the wisdom  ;)

Eclipse

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on October 17, 2018, 03:31:43 PM
I never knew a cadet might have to travel a few hours to test. I just figured that once the first attempt started. They didn't have time to prepare until they take their 2nd attempt.

In my wing, for example, the majority of the proctors live to the North, while the furthest cadets are 5-6 hours South,
even "meeting in the middle" would mean a 3+ drive for everybody.

Quote from: Capmonkey on October 17, 2018, 03:37:56 PM

I live to serve.

"That Others May Zoom"

Capmonkey

Quote from: Eclipse on October 17, 2018, 03:42:26 PM

In my wing, for example, the majority of the proctors live to the North, while the furthest cadets are 5-6 hours South,

I live to serve.

I'll keep y'all updated. Any advice on how to study for Spaatz? I'm already studying, but just wondering.

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: Capmonkey on October 17, 2018, 03:45:15 PM

I live to serve.

I'll keep y'all updated. Any advice on how to study for Spaatz? I'm already studying, but just wondering.

The cadets from our squadron literally just read over the chapter review in the books. Most of them passed
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Capmonkey

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on October 17, 2018, 03:46:49 PM
Quote from: Capmonkey on October 17, 2018, 03:45:15 PM

I live to serve.

The cadets from our squadron literally just read over the chapter review in the books. Most of them passed

Thanks.