ES specialty track/cadet solo

Started by I_Am_Twigs, March 30, 2018, 04:56:38 AM

I_Am_Twigs

So I've been re-evaluating what I want to accomplish in the cadet program and a couple things I've been looking at are going through the emergency services specialty track and earn my solo wings.

First, where and what do I need to work on for the es specialty track? Am I even able to do it as a cadet? And what exactly would I be doing?

Second, how would I begin the process to earn my wings? And what all would I have to do? I've asked my DCC about this and he's been very vague with it so I'm hope y'all will have an answer.

-Twigs
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

CAP9907

What is currently on your 101 card?
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

LSThiker

Quote from: I_Am_Twigs on March 30, 2018, 04:56:38 AM
First, where and what do I need to work on for the es specialty track? Am I even able to do it as a cadet? And what exactly would I be doing?

Yes, cadets do it all the time.  Look at CAPP 70-3. 

QuoteSecond, how would I begin the process to earn my wings? And what all would I have to do? I've asked my DCC about this and he's been very vague with it so I'm hope y'all will have an answer.

To earn your solo wings, you must solo.  Look at CAPR 35-6 and CAPR 60-1 (Flight Management).  Most cadets go to a Flight Academy but that is not necessary the only route. 

I_Am_Twigs

Quote from: CAP9907 on March 30, 2018, 06:48:03 AM
What is currently on your 101 card?

My 101 has: GES, IS 100, *MRO, ICUT, and I'm working on IS 700
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

I_Am_Twigs

Quote from: LSThiker on March 30, 2018, 11:50:34 AM
Quote from: I_Am_Twigs on March 30, 2018, 04:56:38 AM

Yes, cadets do it all the time.  Look at CAPP 70-3. 

QuoteSecond, how would I begin the process to earn my wings? And what all would I have to do? I've asked my DCC about this and he's been very vague with it so I'm hope y'all will have an answer.

To earn your solo wings, you must solo.  Look at CAPR 35-6 and CAPR 60-1 (Flight Management).  Most cadets go to a Flight Academy but that is not necessary the only route.

So I'd have to solo in my own aircraft or someone else's? Would I need a pilot's licence to do the solo? After I do the solo would I just throw on the badge or what? Also what is the pre-solo even for?
C/Maj, CAP

LSThiker

So I typed CAPR 60-1, when I really meant CAPR 70-1 Flight Management.  My apologies.

Quote from: I_Am_Twigs on March 30, 2018, 03:59:08 PM
So I'd have to solo in my own aircraft or someone else's?

Covered in CAPR 70-1.

QuoteWould I need a pilot's licence to do the solo?

I would look over this information from the FAA regarding the solo.  A solo is required for pilot license:

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/become/

QuoteAfter I do the solo would I just throw on the badge or what? Also what is the pre-solo even for?

Covered in CAPR 35-6. 

I would suggest reading these documents over.  Your questions are answered in those and the FAA website.

EMT-83

How does a cadet obtain a rating in a Senior Member Professional Development Specialty Track?

How do you get around the Level 1 prerequisite?

LSThiker

Quote from: EMT-83 on March 30, 2018, 06:43:30 PM
How does a cadet obtain a rating in a Senior Member Professional Development Specialty Track?

CAPR 35-6.

Eclipse

Quote from: EMT-83 on March 30, 2018, 06:43:30 PM

They don't - they earn the badge but not the rating.

"That Others May Zoom"