MOWG engaged in search for missing plane, 4 CAP planes and 4 ground teams deploy

Started by Woodsy, March 28, 2011, 05:30:23 PM

Woodsy

Saw this on the PAO list serve, figured I'd share it with CAPTalk.

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=14334150

Don't ya just love the part where it says "U.S. Air Force Civil Rescue Team"   ...

4 MOWG planes and 4 ground teams currently deployed in the search.  Response began early this morning after the plane was reported late last night

N Harmon

NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

JeffDG

My prayers for the crew and passengers of the plane, and my wishes for the best of luck for those searching.  May they be found safe and return to their loved ones.

Woodsy

RADIOMAN015

Take a look at this video:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/252415/3/Missing-plane-search-expands

The two civilian searchers (probably self appointed) are interviewed and are complaining they don't even know the color of the plane in order to find it.  Now wouldn't you think if you saw a plane in the trees or crash on the ground you could figure that one out.    This was very poor coverage by this news stations and hopefully CAP can get to them and get a better interview and appropriate information on this TV station.
RM

ol'fido

I like the PAO they interviewed the day before wearing BDUs, Goretex Jacket, and Blue Beret with St. Albans Cross. >:D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

NCRblues

Quote from: ol'fido on April 02, 2011, 01:02:30 AM
I like the PAO they interviewed the day before wearing BDUs, Goretex Jacket, and Blue Beret with St. Albans Cross. >:D

Where did you see that at?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

ol'fido

On the news. I live in Southern Illinois near Cape Girardeau, MO home of KFVS TV 12. Check out their website for archived videos.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

NCRblues

Quote from: ol'fido on April 02, 2011, 02:15:38 AM
On the news. I live in Southern Illinois near Cape Girardeau, MO home of KFVS TV 12. Check out their website for archived videos.

Ah found it....I like the coverage from the local news down there. It seems to be well informed and does a good job at presenting what we do.

Fubar

Quote from: ol'fido on April 02, 2011, 01:02:30 AMI like the PAO they interviewed the day before wearing BDUs, Goretex Jacket, and Blue Beret with St. Albans Cross. >:D

That will definitely help us be taken more seriously amongst the EMAs and the general public.

NCRblues

Quote from: Fubar on April 02, 2011, 04:38:25 AM
Quote from: ol'fido on April 02, 2011, 01:02:30 AMI like the PAO they interviewed the day before wearing BDUs, Goretex Jacket, and Blue Beret with St. Albans Cross. >:D

That will definitely help us be taken more seriously amongst the EMAs and the general public.

Uh, and why would it not?

Its so sad that the MO wing is doing what we all spend countless hours and money training to do, and all some can talk about is an interview (a good one at that) that the person is wearing the National Blue Beret... I know for a fact the Wing Queen of MO wing said it was ok for members not in the field to wear it. Also the NB voted to allow the beret with bdus in 06 i believe.... so get over it....

RADIOMAN015

Plane was found, no survivors per sheriff's team on scene:

See: http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=14334138

Now this is an excellent story by this news stations, it gives a day by day summary/blogs basically what was going on and is very factual with what the mission PIO stated.   Great job  :clap:
RM