Main Menu

Encampment stories

Started by Kal, March 28, 2008, 12:24:31 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: Pulsar on September 14, 2013, 05:24:29 PM
They were really serious about it. We used lots of pins; but they wouldn't accept one wind blown stray hair. So they told us the hairspray bit.

Who's "they"?

"That Others May Zoom"

Pulsar

Quote from: Eclipse on September 14, 2013, 06:00:34 PM
Quote from: Pulsar on September 14, 2013, 05:24:29 PM
They were really serious about it. We used lots of pins; but they wouldn't accept one wind blown stray hair. So they told us the hairspray bit.

Who's "they"?

The line, and inspection staff. And let me rephrase that, " They seemed really serious about it"    ??? :-X   ;D
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

Eclipse

"They" need to get over themselves.

"That Others May Zoom"

Nearly Dark Side

Quote from: Pulsar on September 14, 2013, 05:20:01 PM
Quote from: C/CMSgt Collins on September 12, 2013, 10:21:30 AM
Quote from: Pulsar on September 07, 2013, 11:58:02 PM
Hairspray
I went to PA wing encampment. TD01 Our flight commanders were constantly bellowing at us, "YOUR HAIR LOOKS ATROCIOUS!!, you should use so much hairspray, if you bump your head on your bunk, it won't hurt because you have a HELMET HEAD!  ...Training Day 03, the carbon monoxide detectors were going off. We found out it was from all the hairspray we were using. After that, no hairspray use was aloud inside the barracks.  ::)
What year did you go? Because that happened at PA LDC next year.

2013 Encampment. The LDC girls were upstairs. so they had to come out with us when the fire department got there.
I was a student at LDC. You should have seen our staff run around. Now that it is over and no one was seriously hurt. It was a fairly ridiculous situation. Firewatch started to wake everyone up because they knew a barracks evacuation was coming.
Also go to LDC next year.

Pulsar

Quote from: C/CMSgt Collins on September 14, 2013, 07:45:46 PM
Quote from: Pulsar on September 14, 2013, 05:20:01 PM
Quote from: C/CMSgt Collins on September 12, 2013, 10:21:30 AM
Quote from: Pulsar on September 07, 2013, 11:58:02 PM
Hairspray
I went to PA wing encampment. TD01 Our flight commanders were constantly bellowing at us, "YOUR HAIR LOOKS ATROCIOUS!!, you should use so much hairspray, if you bump your head on your bunk, it won't hurt because you have a HELMET HEAD!  ...Training Day 03, the carbon monoxide detectors were going off. We found out it was from all the hairspray we were using. After that, no hairspray use was aloud inside the barracks.  ::)
What year did you go? Because that happened at PA LDC next year.

2013 Encampment. The LDC girls were upstairs. so they had to come out with us when the fire department got there.
I was a student at LDC. You should have seen our staff run around. Now that it is over and no one was seriously hurt. It was a fairly ridiculous situation. Firewatch started to wake everyone up because they knew a barracks evacuation was coming.
Also go to LDC next year.

uhh... maybe. heh heh  :'(
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

Honor Guardsman

So I went to the FLWG winter encampment a few years back. Throught the whole encampment I heard it about how during the infamous inprocessing by the cadet staff. Two of the cadets were twins one a C/Lt Col. and the other a C/CMSgt unknowingly I called the C/Lt Col. a chief because, as I later found out, her and her sister were switching places to screw with cadets seeing that they were twins.

Later I went to a summer encampment and not surprisingly my TSS barracks were known for their voices, by singing Justin timberlake in the shower and accidentally waking the SM staff up. We got so popular that we eventually persuaded the C/Col. to come join us! The events were eventually brought up at the grog and the main guys were groged for it.

Brad

NJROTC doesn't have NWUs, closest thing they have is working khaki, same as Midshipmen wear.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

TexasCadet

I might have posted this story; I forget. At my basic encampment, I had two big goof-offs in my flight. One morning, it rained. When we went outside, we fell into formation. Now, since it had rained, naturally there were clouds in the sky. So, one of the goof-offs asked our flight sergeant a question. It went a little like this.

(Cadet raises his hand.)
Chief: Yes, cadet.
Cadet: Chief, can we just look at that cloud for a minute? It looks so pretty.

Everyone burst out laughing (including the chief). It took all my strength not to laugh.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: TexasCadet on October 27, 2013, 08:58:57 PM
I might have posted this story; I forget. At my basic encampment, I had two big goof-offs in my flight. One morning, it rained. When we went outside, we fell into formation. Now, since it had rained, naturally there were clouds in the sky. So, one of the goof-offs asked our flight sergeant a question. It went a little like this.

(Cadet raises his hand.)
Chief: Yes, cadet.
Cadet: Chief, can we just look at that cloud for a minute? It looks so pretty.

Everyone burst out laughing (including the chief). It took all my strength not to laugh.

Quote from: TexasCadet on August 01, 2013, 10:35:16 PM
One kid in my flight at my basic was quite the goof off. At one point, we were standing at attention, and it has just rained earlier, so there were a lot of clouds in the sky. So, this kid raises his hand and asks our flight sergeant "Chief, can we look at that cloud for a moment? It looks so pretty." Everyone broke out laughing except me (I can be compared to Spock). "Chief" was not amused.

You had less than 40 posts on this board when you reposted. Is your memory that bad? You do know your post count doesn't mean anything, right?

PA Guy

Cut the cadet some slack. Telling war stories over and over is part of being a cadet.  I'm sure the mods will talk to him if it is a problem.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: PA Guy on October 28, 2013, 03:14:11 AM
Cut the cadet some slack. Telling war stories over and over is part of being a cadet.  I'm sure the mods will talk to him if it is a problem.

That was me cutting him some slack. Over the last few days he's been posting off the hook. Some of it nonsensical.

TexasCadet

I don't care about the little number with how many posts I have. And sure, if the moderators have a problem with it, I'll will stop posting so much. However, before you go blaming me for posting "nonsensical" stuff, look back at some older threads. I'm sure you will find lots of
"nonsensical" stuff.

Майор Хаткевич

TexasCadet

Actually, you all are right. I guess I was a little concerned about my post count. It seems people are taken seriously only when their count is high. I will stop posting so much.

However, I honestly forgot whether I posted that story.

Storm Chaser

@ TexasCadet

I'm less concerned with your post count and more concerned with your attitude. Would you have replied like that to a senior member Capt in person? Just because you're in an online forum, doesn't mean you get to forget that you're a CAP cadet and should behave accordingly (especially since you're a C/SNCO). Respect, even online, goes a long way.

(Edited for grammar)

Cessna Man

That's no way to talk to a SM let alone a Captain!
C/CMSgt Capron
Cadet Commander
Primary CAC Representative

TexasCadet

This issue was resolved several days ago via PM.

AACS Cadet21

Quote from: JerseyCadet on January 23, 2011, 05:24:48 PM
Has anyone else had guidon snatchers? Every year at NJWG Encampment, there is one staff member (usually senior) who steals guidon whenever theyre posted and no ones looking. BEST place to hide guidons? Roll it up and tape it on top of a ceiling fan ;D

Hehehe during relay races at my basic,  guideons were getting stolen like crazy. I remeber walking back from the latrine and seeing Hotel's guiedon proped up randomly against a building. Bravo's guideon dissapeared and when it was finnally found the CS banned stealing lol...

AACS Cadet21

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on April 19, 2011, 10:19:58 PM
At KSWG Encampments, guidon stealing has been outlawed. The only way a guidon can get "snatched" is if it is left by the flight and they don't realize it, a command staff member or senior may grab it up and take it back to Wing HQ (our encampments are at Wing HQ), to sit in the encampment commander's office. It is up to the encampment commander how the flight will get their guidon back. Over the past couple couple years, they have required a letter written by the flight asking for it back and a little bit of groveling. We have also done away with singing to get misplaced items back.

Apperantly singing hasnt been done away with in the Honor Guard flight cuz' we had to sing multiple stupid songs to get our guideon back lol...

LSThiker

Quote from: AACS Cadet21 on January 15, 2014, 03:34:06 AM
when it was finnally found the CS banned stealing lol...

As it should be.  The concept of guidon stealing and variations of it (e.g. cadet officer order a cadet to give him the guidon) are frankly pointless.  If a flight posts the guidon and leaves the area, then that is one thing.  However, when a guidon is posted, it is posted and should not need a "guard".