Main Menu

To much CUT

Started by krnlpanick, June 20, 2012, 03:45:04 PM

krnlpanick

Anyone know what the status of ICUT is? I have read in a great many places that it was supposed to replace BCUT/ACUT in May and no updates since then. I qual'd BCUT last night but I need ACUT before July. If ICUT comes out before July and I have already done BCUT/ACUT will I have to do ICUT too?
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

HGjunkie

Somebody in a CAP facebook group kept saying ICUT is online, but I didn't see it anywhere on the NTC or eservices.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

krnlpanick

I too have been unable to find it - and I don't know as how it would make a great deal of difference until opsquals is updated. Would just be a pain to go through ACUT and then turn around and have to do ICUT. I guess it should probably be a pretty easy pass once I pass through ACUT tho.

Brad

Nothing that I have heard of, methinks that person is just trying to say that to make it seem like they have "special news" that nobody else knows.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Angus

I was talking with our Wing Comms Officer last weekend and all he could say is that it's comming.  But like any sort of uniform adoption or alteration to current no specific date is yet knowwn.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Larry Mangum

ICUT courseware has been finished for awhile. Since it will be offered online, the next step is for the NHQ IT Team and development team to integrate it into eServices.  How long that will take, who knows, but keep in mine that NHQ has an extemely small IT /development staff and it is probably not at the top of their to-do list.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

SarDragon

The word I got from my Comm folks regarding the original Q, is that most quals will cross over or be grandfathered. Everyone would need to take a transition course (maybe just the new ICUT course, don't recall) before they become current under the new system.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

HGjunkie

Yay, more classes. So ACUT holders don't have to go through the entire ICUT?
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

SarDragon

Don't know. All I remember was that there would be some (hopefully short) transition training to bring everyone up to speed on the new stuff.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

krnlpanick

Good to know. Thanks all

Crosswind

At our recent Wing conference, the folks that developed the ICUT program said they are still working on some "issues" with e-services.  Anyone who has already passed ACUT and BCUT would only need to take the 1st module.  Everyone else will need to take all three modules.

It appears it's in a Beta-test in Texas right now.

http://www.txwgcap.org/content/news_110621.htm

And hello all, from another newbie.
Lt. Rich Denison
Director of Public Affairs - Wyoming Wing

Public Affairs Officer/Asst. Aerospace Education Officer
492nd Emergency Services Composite Squadron
Casper, WY

Eclipse

Bottom line here is not to wait for the iCut if you have a real need.  If they released it 1 July it would probably be a couple months before
that means anything locally.

The CAP Driver's License module has been released for several months, but wings are still trying to work out the practical processes.

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

From Malcolm Kyser:

CAPR 100-1 is complete.  It has been coordinated on by all the requisite offices in NHQ and is now at CAP-USAF for their coordination.  They are the LAST step before it goes to CAP/CC for approval to publish.  If past experience is any guide, CAP-USAF will take it apart and put it back together again.  It will probably come to me in printed version loaded down with red ink, yellow highlights and little tabs.  It will take a meeting or two to answer all their questions and negotiate solutions to anything they don't like.  Soooo, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping all that can be done in the next 30 days.  Hoping for a 15 July pub date.  Fingers crossed.

ICUT.  As we've updated you in the past, ICUT is done.  The curriculum work group finished it back in September.  What we are waiting for is the delivery system it will be carried on.  NHQ/IT is developing a new system which will be called the CAP Learning Management System (LMS) which will eventually carry all CAP web-based training.  They tell me they are essentially done with it and will turn it on to the work group for beta testing as early as next week.  Give that a few weeks and hopefully we'll have it ready for prime time around mid July also.  In the meantime, BCUT and ACUT training will continue.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Eclipse

Quote from: cap235629 on June 20, 2012, 08:06:16 PM
From Malcolm Kyser:

CAPR 100-1 is complete.  It has been coordinated on by all the requisite offices in NHQ and is now at CAP-USAF for their coordination.  They are the LAST step before it goes to CAP/CC for approval to publish.  If past experience is any guide, CAP-USAF will take it apart and put it back together again.  It will probably come to me in printed version loaded down with red ink, yellow highlights and little tabs.  It will take a meeting or two to answer all their questions and negotiate solutions to anything they don't like.  Soooo, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping all that can be done in the next 30 days. 

When was this written?

30 days from today is not 15 July, and CAP-USAF is hip deep in re-writing just about every CAP reg right now to support the new LRADO schema.

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

Quote from: Eclipse on June 20, 2012, 08:16:52 PM
Quote from: cap235629 on June 20, 2012, 08:06:16 PM
From Malcolm Kyser:

CAPR 100-1 is complete.  It has been coordinated on by all the requisite offices in NHQ and is now at CAP-USAF for their coordination.  They are the LAST step before it goes to CAP/CC for approval to publish.  If past experience is any guide, CAP-USAF will take it apart and put it back together again.  It will probably come to me in printed version loaded down with red ink, yellow highlights and little tabs.  It will take a meeting or two to answer all their questions and negotiate solutions to anything they don't like.  Soooo, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping all that can be done in the next 30 days. 

When was this written?

30 days from today is not 15 July, and CAP-USAF is hip deep in re-writing just about every CAP reg right now to support the new LRADO schema.

I received it last week about 15 June
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé