CAP receipient of the Air Force Organizational Excellence Award.

Started by Chappie, September 20, 2016, 04:46:37 PM

abdsp51

Actually I am still in and I talk to the people who deal with these things daily.  Of course nothing stops you guys who are arguing so for it from contacting AFPC on this and I am pretty sure they will say it will not carry or better yet you can always contact Chief Cody as well. 

I have poured through the AFI's on this and its not there to allow anyone receiving this award who was not prior service to carry it over.  The personellist I have spoken to and they are the legit 3S types so Pat and Still unless you are talking to 3S's, AFPC or the CMSAF your sources are wrong. 

I can tell you that if I had an Airman fresh from tech shool schow wearing this he/she better have proper documentation on it to be wearing it, otherwise off it comes.

lordmonar

Quote from: abdsp51 on October 01, 2016, 06:10:10 PM
Actually I am still in and I talk to the people who deal with these things daily.  Of course nothing stops you guys who are arguing so for it from contacting AFPC on this and I am pretty sure they will say it will not carry or better yet you can always contact Chief Cody as well. 

I have poured through the AFI's on this and its not there to allow anyone receiving this award who was not prior service to carry it over.  The personellist I have spoken to and they are the legit 3S types so Pat and Still unless you are talking to 3S's, AFPC or the CMSAF your sources are wrong. 

I can tell you that if I had an Airman fresh from tech shool schow wearing this he/she better have proper documentation on it to be wearing it, otherwise off it comes.
lol
I don't know how many times in my career that I had to correct 3S types on award and decoration issues as well as other issues.
So...I will concede your point.....to a point.
But as has been stated previously.   This is kind of a new thing.  It is being worked at SAF level.   When they figure it out, they will tell us.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

PA Guy

How long is this urinating contest going to be allowed to go on. Everything that needs to be said has been said. Yet some feel the need to prove their arc is higher than someone else. Give it a rest, please.  :(  :(

Fubar

Eclipse,

I have read many an analogy before. You may have won the internet.

NIN

Quote from: lordmonar on October 01, 2016, 08:57:32 PM
But as has been stated previously.   This is kind of a new thing.  It is being worked at SAF level.   When they figure it out, they will tell us.

^^^ This.

and
Quote from: eclipse
Both the USAF and CAP have extensive rules about decorations in general, and this one specifically, that negate the presentation as it was done, not to mention the
wear.  All of  which could have and should have been mixed and cooked out before it was removed from the oven and presented.

I'm led to believe that very senior USAF folks involved in the process knew, before the award presentation, that there were some things to surmount before any kind of an award would be "worn" by Civil Air Patrol members, but considering the time line (ie. the impending anniversary, etc), didn't want to jeopardize the good news of an award by raising them. 

Isn't it good enough that the Air Force thought so highly of CAP to take the unprecedented step of awarding the Organizational Excellence Award to its civilian auxiliary?

I'm sure you can email the Chief of Staff to express your opinion about the rules, and how his staff is following them.  I bet somebody here has the General's email.

I just hope it works better for you than it did this guy.

[fixed IT guy's funky link ;)]

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

LSThiker

Quote from: NIN on October 02, 2016, 05:34:39 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on October 02, 2016, 05:17:40 AM
Link is broken. Here it is: http://www.snopes.com/POLITICS/military/airforce.asp

I was asleep they day they taught internet :)  Thanks.

Whatever happened to the cadet after that incident?  Did the cadet stay at USAFA?  Did he actually receive a commission?  What was the afterlife for this?

Matthew Congrove

Quote from: LSThiker on October 02, 2016, 06:23:50 AM
Whatever happened to the cadet after that incident?  Did the cadet stay at USAFA?  Did he actually receive a commission?  What was the afterlife for this?

Apparently he eventually transferred to CU-Boulder and got a BS in Comp Sci :)
Lt. Col. Matthew Congrove, CAP

RogueLeader

Link is broken. Here it is: http://www.snopes.com/POLITICS/military/airforce.asp

It happens. As it turns out, it was a few extra characters.

Quote from: LSThiker on October 02, 2016, 06:23:50 AM

If all he got was a rebuke in the emails, he got darn lucky. I hope he learned that lesson in any event.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Thonawit

Regularly contradicts, contradicted CAP Regulations...

ManCandy

From the knowledge base 3 Oct 16:
NOTE: The Air Force is in the process of determining wear requirements for the AFOEA and we will let CAP members know what those requirements are just as soon as we receive them from the Air Force.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ManCandy

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RogueLeader

The thing that really bugs me about all this, and its not from the Air Force.  It's the fact that for YEARS, we- particularly here on CapTalk- have been whining and raging about being more and more distant from the Air Force, and then we become part of the Total Force.  People still complained that it was just a publicity stunt or that it was a gesture without meaning.  Suddenly, the Air Force goes and proves that they meant more than just words, then suddenly- they can't do that, we couldn't accept it if we wanted to.  It seems to me- for the most part, that those arguing the hardest against us for receiving this award are those that are current/former Air Force (not exclusive on either side.)

Can't we just be glad that the Air Force is actively trying to improve the relationship with us.  Why can't you be happy that they are working really hard to make things right.  If you haven't noticed the Air Force, and the Military in general, have been going through some bad PR at the moment, and they are still taking time and effort when they could ignore us for now until they get themselves straightened out.

Sure, things could be better at the local level, but things take time, and mutual respect on both sides of the house.  For those of you with the issues with this award- other than those concerned with details of how worn- check your ego and re-evaluate why you are so worked up about this.  If you think we as CAP don't rate this award- suck it- the SECAF says we do.

I, for one, am grateful to the Us Air Force for this.  Thank you.

WYWG DP

GRW 3340