Main Menu

Site help needed

Started by disamuel, August 03, 2010, 01:34:57 AM

disamuel

I am having trouble reading CAP Talk through my RSS reader. I use Google Reader, and the feed stopped updating on July 25. If anyone can shed any light on this I would appreciate it as I use Reader to stay in touch with the site rather than having to check all of the topics.

Thanks in advance-

JC004

The feed itself is clearly working.  It must be on the reader side.  Did you try just something simple like deleting the feed and starting over? 

disamuel

Yes, twice and it still won't load. I track about 50-60 sites in Google Reader, and this one just stopped. There were some posts on July 18, some on July 25 and nothing since. I have checked it on 6-7 computers, including two MacBooks and my iPhone. I'd really like to get it working. The volume of posts makes it much easier to follow using RSS.

JC004

So when you open the feed is it just basically frozen in time?  Like it has the items for whatever day it stopped and before?

Did you try just throwing it in another feeder (either online or desktop) to isolate the issue?

Did you restart your computer, unplug your router for 30 seconds? (kidding...I just like how customer service folk think it fixes everything, then get stuck when that doesn't work)

Update...I just put it in Google Reader.  It is dead as of the 25th.  Same for you?

ok...now I put it in Bloglines.  It says "There is a problem with the database. Please try again later
No feeds were found. Please verify that the website publishes an RSS feed."

Firefox reads it fine, which is why I originally said that it works.

I just ran it through 3 feed validation checkers.  They all said it's valid...

Uh...Jerry?

disamuel

JC, that's it exactly. I can view the site just fine in Firefox, but I really prefer to use Google Reader as I can scan much quicker that way. Google Reader last shows activity on July 25, and I am sure that someone must have had a uniform question since then.  ;D

I asked Mike last week, and he felt that everything was working properly, but I'm getting the same error on about 5 PC's and two macbooks. I feel better that you were able to duplicate the problem.

I guess it's up to Jerry now.

whatevah

it was dead earlier then start working again... then died I guess on the 25th.  I haven't touched a thing on the server, so I have no clue what's wrong.  it seems to work for every other reader besides google.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

whatevah

if you look on the google reader support board, people have been having problems with this for months. Seems to be entirely on google's side.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

disamuel

Ok, I'm typing this with my fingers crossed, but the RSS feed to Google Reader seems to have resumed as of this afternoon. This is the first appearance of CapTalk in my reader since July 25. I hope it keeps up.

Eclipse

Working ok for me - set it up again the other day, never thought there were issues.

"That Others May Zoom"