Main Menu

Duty assignment

Started by hfriday, March 27, 2019, 10:45:14 PM

hfriday

Time for my biweekly "still-a-new-guy" question, corresponding roughly to the day after my unit's meetings. In eServices, where does assigning a duty position live? I was trying to get a new member assigned to a position and thought it was automatic upon assigning a "NONE" rating in the associated track as PDO. Seemingly not....is this a permission for the commander only? If so, where should I advise him to change it?

Already searched the regs and some online UCC materials to no avail.

Thanks as always!...

arajca

Duty Assignment is an Admin/Pers and Commander function. There is a separate 'app' in Eservices called "Duty Assignment", IIRC. That is where members are assigned to duty positions and committees.

If you're interested in which duty positions have what access, when you hover over "Reports" on the left column, and the Reports menu comes up, under "Other Resources" you'll see "Applications by Duty Assignment". Another report that'll be helpful is the "Duty Position Access by Application".

TheSkyHornet

eServices > Your Profile (My Account) > Duty Positions (under My Accomplishments)

Duty positions are not directly linked to Specialty Tracks in eServices. They are assigned independently.

*EDIT: Maybe I misunderstood the question. Are we looking for where to assign duties/specialties, or where to find yours?

hfriday

Yes, I looked at all the permissions/access documents - it made my head spin a bit. It tells who can and can't do what - although not entirely clearly - without really clarifying where they can be found. I'm wearing a few different hats in my squadron, so I have some personnel/admin permissions as well as PDO.

And yes, I am looking to assign a duty position, not just visually confirm it.

Thanks, folks!

MSG Mac

Personnel>Duty Assignments
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Phil Hirons, Jr.

For most new duty assignments the specialty track will be created (None Rating) automatically

hfriday

Ah, it looks like I lack that particular permission. I will talk to my commander about slotting the member in as needed.

Thanks again!