CAP ID Card from 1959

Started by NIN, December 11, 2011, 05:29:59 PM

davidsinn

Quote from: NIN on December 12, 2011, 06:11:53 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on December 12, 2011, 05:42:23 PM
That's a CPPT violation isn't it? >:D

That was a total LOL.

A couple of years back a local classic rock station would play that song back to back on Thanksgiving day...I just wanted to listen to some good music not...That... :o
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

The CyBorg is destroyed

I had a foster sister as a child in the '70s and she had Alice's Restaurant.  I grew to really like it.

Speaking of the '70s, what did CAP ID cards of that era look like?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

BillB

In the 70's it was a blue (paper) card with the same emblem as the officer hat insignia on the left, a photo in the middle and the CAP seal on the right. It was CAP Form 14 (originally dated May 1966) Several Wings (and Regions used the ID form up thru the 1990's until stgocks were used up. Members got the cards laminated to protect them from wear.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

PHall

Quote from: BillB on December 13, 2011, 05:28:57 PM
In the 70's it was a blue (paper) card with the same emblem as the officer hat insignia on the left, a photo in the middle and the CAP seal on the right. It was CAP Form 14 (originally dated May 1966) Several Wings (and Regions used the ID form up thru the 1990's until stgocks were used up. Members got the cards laminated to protect them from wear.

Yeah, those old paper cards were not "washing machine friendly"! :o

Eclipse

Wasn't that the Form 19?  My wing used them right up to and even past the photo ID's, and still has a supplement in that regard.

"That Others May Zoom"

ol'fido

Quote from: NIN on December 12, 2011, 04:02:46 PM
Driving to encampment in the new Wing van (the one with the MP3 CD player)
Cadets: "Sir, what _is_ this music?"
Me: "Its my music.  Deal."
Cadets: "Sir, our ears are going to bleed."
Me: "Uh huh."
Let's see... some of the road music from when I was a cadet....Apocalypse Now soundtrack, Stripes soundtrack, Rolling Stones, Jim Morrison and the Doors, Mark Russell, and the most frequent...The Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack. That IS a CPPT issue these days. >:D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

BillB

The form 19 was the pink paper ID that Squadrons could issue when an application was turned it. The form 14 (I have one in front of me) was the one issued by National (or Wing, not sure which) that was numbered and the permanent ID that also required a membership card. Later the form 19 became the PAO monthly report form.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

SarDragon

Gotta differ on that one, Bill. The most recent CAPF 19 (Mar 81) was the blue ID card. My online image is currently inaccessible, or I'd post it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BillB

The form 14 of May 1966 and the form 19 of May 1981 are identical on the front. The back were almost identical except the 1981 card had no card number. The 1966 card had a member serial number, the 1981 card used your social security number. The blue card was used in various form for over 20 years but the form number changed.
TIn 1962 it was also a an ID card, Form 14, plastic and the annual membership card was a sticker that attached to the back of the ID card.
(I have all these cards from my 1940's cadet ID up thru 2005 sitting on my desk)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

SarDragon

As soon as I can find new hosting space, I'll post bits of my collection.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Billb , I don't doubt you, but I can tell you the stack of blank form 19's I had when I was a unit CC were light blue.

Considering I save everything, I can't believe I don't have one.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

In this case, search was my friend...

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13719.msg252645#msg252645

Dave - you had posted yours in the same thread, but the links are broken, they come up, though, if you Google for "capf 19" in "images".
Both yours and Stonewalls cay "CAPF 19 MAY 81" on the back.  This is the same version I had a blank stack of.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Mine was issued a bit earlier than UK's (1 Jun 88).

The links are broken because Cox dropped their web hosting, and I haven't found a new place. Any suggestions? I need someplace free, or really cheap, to be an accessible repository for some pictures, and an HTML page or two.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

I drop anything I don't care about in imageshack (i.e. forum posting), but my "cloud" is GDocs through a paid Apps Premier account with another 200GB tacked onto it.  I also use Dropbox with a free account that has about 11GB thanks to an ad campaign and completing the first steps, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: SarDragon on December 15, 2011, 04:55:14 AM
Mine was issued a bit earlier than UK's (1 Jun 88).

The links are broken because Cox dropped their web hosting, and I haven't found a new place. Any suggestions? I need someplace free, or really cheap, to be an accessible repository for some pictures, and an HTML page or two.
off the top of my head, all of them are good services, unless otherwise noted.

Plain websites:
Webs, last I checked 50 mb
000webhosting (if you use then becareful, I've heard bad things.), 1.5gb
Screenshots:
Puush 200 mb per month
Image hosting:
Imageshack, n/a
Music:
Grooveshark, unlimited
Docs:
Skydrive, 25gbs
Google docs, ?? I forget
Files:
Dropbox, varies
Skydrive(I've heard you can upload anything, but I haven't tried it), 25 gbs

Paid:
Ipage. I use them for everything (that don't put on my server) dand they usually run deals... About 2.95 per month for unlimited everything.

Other than those, google is your friend. Happy hunting.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

SarDragon

Membership cards. Not IDs - no pictures.

This is all the flavors I currently have. The first is a cadet card. The remainder are SM cards.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

usafcap1

i think they look better in 59 then now
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

James Shaw

I thought your first card was on Papyrus?  ;D ;D ;D
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Stonewall

Quote from: Eclipse on December 15, 2011, 04:23:57 AM
In this case, search was my friend...

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13719.msg252645#msg252645

I just spent a couple minutes searching for this.  All I had to do was go to the second page of this thread...
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Quote from: NIN on December 12, 2011, 04:02:46 PM
Driving to encampment in the new Wing van (the one with the MP3 CD player)
Cadets: "Sir, what _is_ this music?"
Me: "Its my music.  Deal."
Cadets: "Sir, our ears are going to bleed."
Me: "Uh huh."

How'd you find a CAP van with an 8-track deck?   >:D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP