National Conference Registration

Started by addo1, August 20, 2009, 03:33:49 PM

addo1

Hello,

A few days ago me and my father were trying to register for the National Conference at this website: ( http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Fees.aspx?i=4b16a924-e549-4107-b558-1b3bf919ea9a ). We tried to register on the evening of the 15th in order to get the discounted rate. We had looked at it before to see the process so we could do it quicker. When we got there, registration had already been cut off. So, is there a reason it was cut off BEFORE the deadline and is there a way that we could still register online? Thanks for the help.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

addo1

Quote from: lordmonar on August 20, 2009, 03:45:12 PM
Did you call the hotel?

I have called the hotel and have had an active HOTEL registration for a few weeks. I dont believe that the actual event registration is being done by the hotel, but by CAP and CVET Registrations Services.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

Cecil DP

Have you called National and asked about the problem? They could registr you over the phone or maybe adjust the fee to the earlier rate. The 15th being the cut off date might have been the lose of business and not 2400 Local time.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

addo1

Soo... They just re-opened registration. I hope I can still get the earlier price saying that I met the deadline... I guess I will see later tonight when I try again.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

Spike

No.....you won't.  If they give it to you, then everyone else can call up and do it as well.  When they say register by (insert date), that usually means register by that date, some may even mean NOT ON THAT DATE, but before that date. 

addo1

Quote from: Spike on August 20, 2009, 10:09:47 PM
No.....you won't.  If they give it to you, then everyone else can call up and do it as well.  When they say register by (insert date), that usually means register by that date, some may even mean NOT ON THAT DATE, but before that date.

Which is why I dd it BEFORE.

Edit- Dont you wish people lived by this wonderful thing called... integrity?
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

lordmonar

Quote from: addo1 on August 20, 2009, 03:47:01 PM
Did you call the hotel?

I have called the hotel and have had an active HOTEL registration for a few weeks. I dont believe that the actual event registration is being done by the hotel, but by CAP and CVET Registrations Services.

OOPS my bad I thought you were talking about the discouted hotel rates.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

addo1

Quote from: lordmonar on August 20, 2009, 11:16:21 PM
Quote from: addo1 on August 20, 2009, 03:47:01 PM
Did you call the hotel?

OOPS my bad I thought you were talking about the discouted hotel rates.

Haha, no problem. I got a much bigger discount from some lovely Marriot Reward Points. :)
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

addo1

Hey Guys/Gals,

They just put it back down to the discounted price ($120) instead of the $150. The banquet is full price, but right now the conference is still discounted. So, for those interested in still registering, its still discounted. :)
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP