Main Menu

Just Checking in!

Started by USMCGunny, June 30, 2014, 11:47:54 PM

USMCGunny

Hey Gang!

I'm just checking in!  I had two cups of coffee this morning to wake me up.  I fell asleep drinking the second cup.  I was playing my Ukulelel this afternoon and remembered a song I used to play while I was still in the Marine Corps.  It alway brought a smile to my face when things looked bleak, and I was feeling down.  It goes something like this:

I had a little brown cow

It gave me milk and cheese

And now I'm sitting in my room

With hoof and mouth disease 

My favorite Bugs Bunny quote: "I wouldn't worry to much about life, you'll never get out of it alive." 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Semper Fi! 

Retired Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant 1969-1991, Vietnam Infantry Combat Veteran 1970 - 1971, Marine Corps Drill Instructor 1976 - 1978. 

MSgt CAP.

Flying Pig

Bugs had some true words of wisdom!

JacobAnn

Sort of like the inscription on a tombstone that said "I knew this would happen."

C/Cool

Quote from: USMCGunny on June 30, 2014, 11:47:54 PM
Hey Gang!

I'm just checking in!  I had two cups of coffee this morning to wake me up.  I fell asleep drinking the second cup.

My favorite Bugs Bunny quote: "I wouldn't worry to much about life, you'll never get out of it alive." 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Semper Fi!

I believe you need some stronger coffee sir.  ;)

---Modified for grammar.
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

Private Investigator

Quote from: JacobAnn on July 01, 2014, 01:10:14 PM
Sort of like the inscription on a tombstone that said "I knew this would happen."

My favorite epitaph is: I told you I was not feeling good!    8)

Garibaldi

Quote from: Private Investigator on July 01, 2014, 04:15:42 PM
Quote from: JacobAnn on July 01, 2014, 01:10:14 PM

My favorite epitaph is: I told you I was not feeling good!    8)

I saw an epitaph that is not printable here. Basically, this guy died, and his ex-wives got together and created a poem for his tombstone. Unbeknownst to many, the first letter of each line spelled out something...appropriate...to how they were feeling about him when read down.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things