Main Menu

Memorial Day parades

Started by Walkman, May 27, 2013, 05:29:19 PM

Walkman

Who's been participating in Memorial Day parades this year? Post a photo!

Our CC is a member of the VFW and they asked our new color guard to lead the parade this year. This group is mostly very new cadets to CG, so it wasn't perfect, but they gave it their all during 50 degrees with big wind & rain. Several times the wind whipped into faces and knocked off their covers.

The cadet on the right rifle position was filling in last minute for a more experience cadet who broke his finger yesterday. She had to learn rifle drill in about 30 minutes. But she's a trooper and took it on and did her best.

My son is the left rifle.

LCG8928

No pictures yet but the DeKalb County Cadet Squadron and Gwinnett County Composite Squadron marched in the Dacula, Georgia Memorial Day Parade today. The route was 2 and 1/2 miles, it was a large parade, we had a pretty good turnout, and I think we did an excellent job.

NIN

Concord Composite Squadron in the Concord, NH Memorial Day Parade this morning. Not a bad turn out!  Almost more cadets than spectators. :)  (I was spectating, too)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.