Main Menu

Help i have a question

Started by ven0m1, May 15, 2012, 11:51:19 PM

ven0m1

Hello,
im new here obviously and i have been in cap for about a year now...
i have a issue though... while talking to my DC (deputy commander) he gave me some words of wisdom he is a really nice guy and GREATLY able of his position.
But lately my Squadron commander has become well lets just say... unqualified...(she) not disclosing names.. has been VERY RUDE to me lately but i know i know she is the SC she needs to take charge but i dont think that this is the case. she will get on my case about things i was ordered to do, for example during one of the Spaatz ceremonies i was ordered by my SGT to wait at the door and greet people. she then charged @ me telling me what i was doing why was i doing what i was doing so on so forth. i explained to her in these words "ma'am i was told by the SGT to wait the door for visitors" and do what she replied i then said "to pass out flyers and represent the squadron ma'am" she said well ok..went to go talk to my SGT after she went off my sgt came back with shoulders down and told me i was relived of my duty as if she yelled at him for walking..moral is low at my squadron and while talking my my fellow cadets they say they have a problem with her to. she does not participate in squadron activities all she does at the end of the meetings is yell at us and give us speeches about her life, now i know what you are thinking well she is buzy which is not the case...i walk by her office while her feet are up on the desk and chatting with another officer that almost looks like he is forced to talk to her... after a brief discussion with the commander with something that i didnt do... she then started to tell me about regs that i already knew about and did follow she then preceded to leave the office and go home DURING THE MEETING. i talked to my Deputy commander and after telling him how i felt as a cadet and a person we then had a conversation while she was outside agreeing with me that she is unqualified for the position as we were talking he then told me SHE the SC has 0 thats right 0 military experience except for her son who is in the air force, my DC however has 30+ years in the air force and 20+ in CAP after the meeting i took his advice and took a break from CAP for a month i am now going back and found out 2 weeks ago he was replaced by another officer who has 2 years in the army and thats it -_- i believe that she got into our business me and the DC and decided that he was a threat to her and replaced him.. not to mention the fact that she tells us to recruit and then when i do she yells at me :\ we currently have 4 cadets in our squadron.

now i know this may sound dramatic but i dont know what to do i am physically and mentally scared when i arrive at meeting because i know that she will find a new stupid reason to yell at me for that she cant because its not in regs.. so let me end on this note.

A. what requirements must be met to be a squadron commander?
B. can she remove someone from a position for no documented reason?
C. Some one told me (not telling names) that i could launch an investigation against her to look at her and she if she is fit for the position. can i do this? and if so how?
D.and there anything i should to beside ignore the problem?
thanks alot guys i appreciative it.

RogueLeader

A:  depends on wing cc,
B:  sure can. That's the commanders prerogative.
C:  the IG, not sure it would be sustained as there sounds to be no breach of any CAPR
D:  do the absolutely best you can.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ven0m1

i dont know what to say.... what would you recommend i do?
and it feels like she is breaking about 20 codes

jeders

First, let me say that I'm sorry that your squadron's morale is so low and that things, from your point of view, are so sour. Unfortunately, in a volunteer organization like this, you sometimes get people who just don't get it, and those people are able to achieve levels of authority which they don't deserve.

Quote from: ven0m1 on May 15, 2012, 11:51:19 PM
A pulse

QuoteB. can she remove someone from a position for no documented reason?
Pretty much. They of course can challenge it if they believe that it was retaliatory or prejudiced (which it sounds like it was in this case).

QuoteC. Some one told me (not telling names) that i could launch an investigation against her to look at her and she if she is fit for the position. can i do this? and if so how?
No and yes. You yourself can't launch anything. However, if you feel that the commander is abusing her authority or just plain abusive you can make a complaint to the Inspector General (IG). Then if the IG thinks that there are grounds for an investigation, the s/he can launch an investigation. Also, you may contact your group commander with your complaints.

QuoteD.and there anything i should to beside ignore the problem?
Problems should never be ignored. If your commander is actually being abusive (yelling, insulting, demeaning) document everything. Be precise. Make note of exact words, when they were said, where they were said, and who they were said to.

Quotethanks alot guys i appreciative it.
I hope it helps.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

ven0m1

Quote from: jeders on May 16, 2012, 12:23:04 AM
First, let me say that I'm sorry that your squadron's morale is so low and that things, from your point of view, are so sour. Unfortunately, in a volunteer organization like this, you sometimes get people who just don't get it, and those people are able to achieve levels of authority which they don't deserve.

Quote from: ven0m1 on May 15, 2012, 11:51:19 PM
A pulse

QuoteB. can she remove someone from a position for no documented reason?
Pretty much. They of course can challenge it if they believe that it was retaliatory or prejudiced (which it sounds like it was in this case).

QuoteC. Some one told me (not telling names) that i could launch an investigation against her to look at her and she if she is fit for the position. can i do this? and if so how?
No and yes. You yourself can't launch anything. However, if you feel that the commander is abusing her authority or just plain abusive you can make a complaint to the Inspector General (IG). Then if the IG thinks that there are grounds for an investigation, the s/he can launch an investigation. Also, you may contact your group commander with your complaints.

QuoteD.and there anything i should to beside ignore the problem?
Problems should never be ignored. If your commander is actually being abusive (yelling, insulting, demeaning) document everything. Be precise. Make note of exact words, when they were said, where they were said, and who they were said to.

Quotethanks alot guys i appreciative it.
I hope it helps.
thank you so much at least you understand what i am saying i appreciate the kind words and i will take them into account would it be rude to maybe at the end of a meeting keep a log of things i believe are abusive? thanks again

jeders

Quote from: ven0m1 on May 16, 2012, 12:25:49 AM
thank you so much at least you understand what i am saying i appreciate the kind words and i will take them into account would it be rude to maybe at the end of a meeting keep a log of things i believe are abusive? thanks again

If you are keeping a log for your records of things that you believe the commander has done which are abusive, then it would not at all be rude. What would be rude is if you allowed your log keeping to become disruptive to those around you, including the squadron commander.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

NCRblues

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Private Investigator

Venom1,

Do not sweat the little things. "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." General Robert E Lee. If you are doing right, why worry?

Another thing, military experience does not make somebody right and lack of military experience does not make somebody wrong.

Good luck and have fun ....  8)

ven0m1

Thank you to all you guys, the night i posted this my SC steeped down and gave our safety commander or something like that the position. now im not going to lie as soon as she left early AGAIN every one was excited and my old DC pulled me aside and assured me changes in the squadron that i discussed with him. thanks again for all your help and i will make sure to come back to this forum :D!

Eclipse

For the record, the previous CC did not "give" the job to the new appointee.  That was arranged in advance with the Wing CC.

"That Others May Zoom"