Main Menu

CAP Seals and Emblems

Started by vento, March 02, 2011, 04:50:21 PM

vento

Not sure if anybody noticed it, but the CAP Seals and Emblems page had been reorganized.
https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.SealsEmblems.Web/Default.aspx

The Hap Arnold Wing with the CAP Command Patch is no longer available for download.
What is new and available is the CAP Above and Beyond Seal, basically The Triangle Thingy.

Less and less USAF AUX, and more and more Corporate with funny and unapproved seals.

Sigh

Thom

The 'Triangle Thingy' has been on that page for many months now, and I'm not sure I ever remember that page having the Wings and MAJCOM emblem.

I know the Wings and Seal is included in CAPR 900-2, along with language about what other emblems (e.g. MAJCOM Shield) may be used with the USAF Wings. The Wings and MAJCOM for CAP is also still available from the USAF Artwork site, in glorious super high-res.

Are you sure these changes happened recently?

Thom

Eclipse

That page has been there in that form for a while.

Here's the USAF versions: http://www.af.mil/art/mediagallery.asp?galleryID=5187

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

Quote from: Thom on March 02, 2011, 04:59:35 PM
The 'Triangle Thingy' has been on that page for many months now, and I'm not sure I ever remember that page having the Wings and MAJCOM emblem.

I know the Wings and Seal is included in CAPR 900-2, along with language about what other emblems (e.g. MAJCOM Shield) may be used with the USAF Wings. The Wings and MAJCOM for CAP is also still available from the USAF Artwork site, in glorious super high-res.

Are you sure these changes happened recently?

I don't know when the change occurred. I do know that we were able to download the Arnold Hap Wing with the CAP MAJCOM Shield later part of last year prior to the Annual Conference in San Diego. The Triangle Thingy wasn't there yet at the time.

Eclipse: Thanks for providing the link to the AF site.

RiverAux

The triangle thingy is officially a "seal" according to that page.  Can't they even get the name of that abomination right? 

a2capt

I say we bomb the NB members with questions on the legitimacy of that thing, and our opinion of what a crock it is.

NCRblues

Quote from: a2capt on March 03, 2011, 12:48:31 AM
I say we bomb the NB members with questions on the legitimacy of that thing, and our opinion of what a crock it is.

Cant say bomb  >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

SarDragon

Yeah, inundate sounds better!  :angel:
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Mustang

Hey Al, here's something for you to fix: there are no vector-based (e.g., Adobe Illustrator .AI, .EPS) versions available for any of the artwork on that page, only raster-based (bitmap) ones. For print use of line art such as these, vector-based is the professional standard.  Raster-based is fine for online use, but the .GIF or .PNG formats should be made available, not TIFF or JPEG. 
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Eclipse

((*sigh*))  I agree in principle, but the reality is no one is sending this kind of stuff to be offset anymore, and most "print use" by CAP
is just laser or inkjet and in scales where raster vs. vector is irrelevant.

"That Others May Zoom"

archbldr

The triangle thingy is on the new aerospace books.

a2capt

Which is why they wanted to shove through an agenda item.. because you know they did that before there was one.