Main Menu

Resoling boots

Started by JCW0312, December 09, 2007, 04:55:26 PM

JCW0312

An update:

I found it was much cheaper to take the boots to a local shop. With tax and everything, it cost me just over $60 and WOW! It was worth every penny. The boots came back with nice Vibram soles and shinier than I've ever seen them. These are the boots I wear at work on patrol, so I never spent much time making them look good. I can't believe I've tossed old boots in the past. That won't be happening anymore.

Thanks to all for the input.
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

Matt

How long have the Vibram soles lasted you?  I have the Kletterlift on my Matterhorns and am readily coming up on having to send them in (at the end of the heal it's down to the foam, and the toes are about 80% gone on the left and about 50% on the right [huh, wonder if I'm left leg dominant?])

Anyways, just wondering how long your soles have lasted, mine are in their second year, wondering if they typically run down this quick...
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

JCW0312

The soles that were just removed were the factory Rocky soles (not Vibram). They lasted me about 3 1/2 years of wearing them +/- 40 hours a week. When I got them resoled, I got Vibram soles, so I'm not sure how long they'll last. But 2 years seems kinda short for a "good brand" sole.

Maybe someone with more experience with Vibrams can chime in.
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

afgeo4

man... that all depends on their use... if you put them through a 15 month deployment in the sandbox, they won't last much more than that. If you're using them in garrison CONUS USAF use then they could last you up to 3-4 years. If standard CAP use... I'd say 8 years or so.
GEORGE LURYE