Mitchell 1969

Quote from: PHall on December 15, 2017, 03:42:38 PM
Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on December 15, 2017, 05:20:28 AM
Quote from: PHall on December 15, 2017, 04:19:27 AM
Quote from: Cicero on December 15, 2017, 02:17:49 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2017, 09:44:15 PM
Quote from: Cicero on December 14, 2017, 09:21:00 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2017, 04:12:38 PM
At some point the idea that AAFES is an option for CAP uniforms needs to be removed from the ether, it's not.

Our personnel use the Base Exchange regularly for uniform purchases. Is there a move to take that away?

That's an MCSS run by AAFES, but not AAFES, per se.

The only access the general membership had to AAFES was via manual phone order (which in itself was a somewhat daunting
process that some members were unable to get through), however they stopped taking CAP orders via phone about 2 years or more ago,
when they went to a 3rd-party call center vendor who sais they were unable (or unwilling) to deal with manual orders.
That means for the vast majority of CAP members, AAFES is a non-starter.

The only MCSS in proximity to the population center of my wing is a NAVEx, where you can get boots, and a few
other service-shared items, but on the whole, nothing for CAP members.  The only AAFES MCSS in the entire state is
5-6+ hours away from the majority of the membership, and is a very small store to boot.

Everything else is 2-3+ hours away on a good day, and they are smaller stores as well.

See https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2017/01/12/defense-officials-approve-expanded-veterans-online-shopping-benefit/

AFEES needs more customers. They would be smart to allow full, online access to Civil Air Patrol. Just my opinion.....

Sorry, but "serving" in CAP does not entitle you to a benefit that many have died for. You want to shop in the Exchange? Join the military.

I truly doubt that AFEES is a benefit that anybody enlisted for. And I'm pretty sure that nobody died in order to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you enlisted or were commissioned you made a commitment that you would "support and defend the constitution" with your life if necessary.
Exchange privileges along with the commissary and medical care is just one of the benefits. But you have serve to get them.

True. But that's not what you said. You said that people DIED to get Exchange benefits. I doubt that anybody who died is buying anything at any Exchange.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

NIN

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on December 17, 2017, 05:59:38 AM
True. But that's not what you said. You said that people DIED to get Exchange benefits. I doubt that anybody who died is buying anything at any Exchange.

Zing!
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

EMT-83

Quote from: Eclipse on December 16, 2017, 10:51:43 PM
#TotalForce

Eclipse posted a Twitter hashtag? A clear sign that end times are near.

stillamarine

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on December 17, 2017, 05:59:38 AM

No but I heard they vote.  >:D >:D >:D
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)