Main Menu

CAP Videos

Started by Eeyore, October 25, 2008, 11:21:09 PM

Eeyore

Does any one know where to download the different cadet activity videos that I've seen floating around on the internet?

Actually on that note, where can I get any CAP videos that aren't in the PAO ftp video folder hosted on the NHQ website?

I've also noticed that most of the videos that NHQ allows you to download are such poor quality that I'm almost embarrassed to show them at open houses. They can't be maximized on your screen without horrible pixilation. I would say that most people would rather watch a few interesting videos that show what we do than listen to me talk about it. Are there high quality videos floating around somewhere? Surely NHQ had them in some high quality version at some point before they compressed them for web content. I could be wrong though.

If anyone could point me in a helpful direction I would appreciate it.

DC

The NCSA videos are scattered all over the place on various NCSA webpages (www.cap.gov/cadets Look around in here)

Also Check out www.capchannel.com, there are some videos and decent quality pictures on here.

Eclipse

You'll find a lot of good (and some not so good) stuff on Youtube.

There are ways to watch videos in higher quality and also a number of freeware tools to allow you to capture the video to a local machine.

YT or Myspace are likely to be the source of the most variety, though there will be quality issues there as well owing to them being compressed Flash of (usually) amateur content.

"That Others May Zoom"